+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 530 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Where did I say that?
    You shouldn’t try to put words into my mouth
    Don’t make me bounce the thread back up

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Don’t make me bounce the thread back up
    Do whatever you want min.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Na min we scored 3 less in the 2013/14 season than we did last season.
    I should have been clearer.apologies. Had a few Astra Rotlichts. Since Rooney signed our goals have been up. He was half a season that season. We were bottom six the year before. Then hes surplus and our goals go down

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I should have been clearer.apologies. Had a few Astra Rotlichts. Since Rooney signed our goals have been up. He was half a season that season. We were bottom six the year before. Then hes surplus and our goals go down
    Bottom 6 before McInnes took over.

I agree with you on that one,some of the stuff thrown at McInnes on here is clutching at straws but god knows why he doesn’t play Rooney every week.

Yes he isn’t perfect but look at that fat hun Boyd,everybody thought he was past it yet Clarke plays to his strengths and he ends up the top scorer in the league.

I agree with you on that one,some of the stuff thrown at McInnes on here is clutching at straws but god knows why he doesn’t play Rooney every week.

Yes he isn’t perfect but look at that fat hun Boyd,everybody thought he was past it yet Clarke plays to his strengths and he ends up the top scorer in the league.
    Thats a great comparison. I will feel dirty after saying this but if i haf a vote for player of the year i would have voted for Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Bottom 6 before McInnes took over.
    Helmet polishing without prompt!

Thats not what im making a point about. Im saying we have one of the best striker in the league and when hes getting f@cked about our goals dropped. Why dont we set up to play with him instead of playing May or Cosgrove
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 02-06-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Very good point.
    However should playing to one players strengths be to the detriment of how we play.
    I think there was an element of teams learning how to stop our effectiveness.
    They knew that cutting out the supply down the wings, meant we had no alternative option.
    It’s why we had games where Hayes and McGinn were nullified.

I love Rooney, he’s been a great striker for us, but I also see why we need a different option

Helmet polishing without prompt!

Thats not what im making a point about. Im saying we have one of the best striker in the league and when hes getting f@cked about our goals dropped. Why dont we set up to play with him instead of playing May or Cosgrove
    Nah my point was that Rooney didn’t join till Jan 14 and McInnes already had us at the top end of the league competing for European places before Rooney came in.

You were implying Rooney was the sole reason and that was not the case.

Our team selection, formation & tactics should be set up to get the ball to Rooney in the box.

Page 54 of 530 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast