+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knasmullner Rapid exit

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'm wi' Exile here on Mcgeehan, he'll come good he brock his leg bustin' a gutt ffs. Also how anyone can say Mowatt is crap without seeing him play is beyond me.

Seems prejudiced to me.
    Add me to the list regarding Mcgeeghan. I haven't seen enough of him but he's a big lad who's good in the air and he's not afraid to put his head in where it hurts, I can also see him being converted into a striker in the future.
    I think he should be given the chance to see what he can do before we discard him.

Quote Originally Posted by OoohGerryGerry View Post
    He was brought in by the Corridor of Powers and not the person who gets most of the flack.
    Beane ?

EastStandRed correct, he was signed when the then Head Coach, identified that we needed a keeper. Everything was agreed with the player, who was coming for less money than he was on, only for club to then say there was no money available. Next breath we signed Knasmullner in a position that was already over filled.

Jury’s still out for me regarding McGeehan but Mowatt should go. Modern day footballers need to be athletes. Both Mowatt and Mcgeehan didn’t pull any trees up whilst out on loan !!

We don’t see them everyday in training and if you’re the coach it’s their job on the line, so they have the right to pick and play who they want. Footballs all about opionions, that’s why we love it!!

Extremely worrying is this recruitment model , we have a new HC who has come with a plan and he needs specific players to carry that plan out or he's wasting his time .

Baseball is a very individual game played in a team environment , it's simply bat against ball with nothing like the cogs and wheels you experience in football .

I don't like this one bit and I've had my concerns with Beane right from the moment he came through the door .

He's experimenting with this club and he needs outing in my opinion , the sooner the better .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Will it take us six years to gerrarta Third Division ?

Only in Sheffield.
    On the other hand Barnsley have spent 35 seasons in’the 3rd and 4th tiers of English football.

You’re in’the third tier now, be the third season in’the last five I believe.

YYOOUUUU RRREEEEDDDSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    On the other hand Barnsley have spent 35 seasons in’the 3rd and 4th tiers of English football.

You’re in’the third tier now, be the third season in’the last five I believe.

YYOOUUUU RRREEEEDDDSSSS
    Poor effort hardly meritting a reply but I'll just add we have spent 76 seasons at the second tier (Second Division and Championship) which is more than any other league club. Considering the size of the catchment area it is a great achievement. Sheffield is the 4th largest city in the UK but even the top club in the city, Sheffield Wednesday, haven't won owt for ages.
    I believe the other team Sheffield United won the First Division in 1899 and the FA Cup in 1925, nothing important since.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-06-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Poor effort hardly meritting a reply but I'll just add we have spent 76 seasons at the second tier (Second Division and Championship) which is more than any other league club. Considering the size of the catchment area it is a great achievement. Sheffield is the 4th largest city in the UK but even the top club in the city, Sheffield Wednesday, haven't won owt for ages.
    I believe the other team Sheffield United won the First Division in 1899 and the FA Cup in 1925, nothing important since.

Seeing as you,like stats, 63 years in the top tier. Do you think 76 seasons in’the 2nd tier is an achievement ? When will you get to 77 ?

Four FA cup’wins by the way. Wednesday ? Happy bouncing day massacre.

«* Catchment area «* what you talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post

«* Catchment area «* what you talking about ?
    No further questions M'Lord.

Jury still out gerry gerry. If tha claims tha in know surely there'd be no jury to be out! No axe to grind but i know self indulgent crap when i read it. No offence.

No further questions M'Lord.

LOL. No good running away, let’s stick with the «* catchment area «* point and carry on the discussion.
    Last edited by Wardy; 25-06-2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: ....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast