+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Meal out

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    You got shares in that place?

Cracking Thai food though.
    Sergio who runs the Loading Bay is an old mate of mine, and a fellow guitarist. Top guy. Whenever I go in, he always treats me to a starter of warm pork scratchings and a pizza for the main course. The place deserves support from the good citizens of the borough. Where else is there to go in Rotherham to see live music? And a blatant plug, East Street Band, fronted by another old mate of mine, and another fellow member of the guitarists brotherhood, Steve Gascoigne, are playing there 1st February. If you like The Boss, you've got to be there.

I went to Goodfellas on Westgate again last week. A very unassuming place in town. The fillet steak (rare) with dolcelatte sauce is fantastic and the service is excellent. The cheaper, pasta dishes are really good as well.
    I used to go ages ago when it had a different name and a more upmarket image, Goodfellas makes it sound like a cheap pizza takeaway place, which it isn't.

Look I'm on about proper food.
    Don't go off subject.

And I'm on about people supporting a local business that the town should support.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I used to go ages ago when it had a different name and a more upmarket image, Goodfellas makes it sound like a cheap pizza takeaway place, which it isn't.
    I think you’re right. When I tell people about it I find myself almost apologising for its name.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Take your missis to the Joker.
    They have a machine that pumps out warm pork scratchings. 😚😚😚😚😚
    Do they export those scratching machines?

Nowt better than pork scratchings with Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Do they export those scratching machines?

Nowt better than pork scratchings with Guinness!
    They’re on bars on loads of pubs over here mate. I’m sure they’ll catch on when you stop force feeding geese to eat their expanded livers as pub grub. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Sergio who runs the Loading Bay is an old mate of mine, and a fellow guitarist. Top guy. Whenever I go in, he always treats me to a starter of warm pork scratchings and a pizza for the main course. The place deserves support from the good citizens of the borough. Where else is there to go in Rotherham to see live music? And a blatant plug, East Street Band, fronted by another old mate of mine, and another fellow member of the guitarists brotherhood, Steve Gascoigne, are playing there 1st February. If you like The Boss, you've got to be there.
    Really good lad is Steve and does Springstein really well. I've known him donkeys years and am great pals with his nephew.

Top Fella.

They’re on bars on loads of pubs over here mate. I’m sure they’ll catch on when you stop force feeding geese to eat their expanded livers as pub grub. 😂
    I used to import pork scratchings which the village couldn't get enough of. The local pig farm used to supply me with skin but no or very little fat on.they didn't go down so well.

Maybe buying a machine could be an idea.

They do duck skin scratchings here which don't carry the same crunch.

They’re on bars on loads of pubs over here mate. I’m sure they’ll catch on when you stop force feeding geese to eat their expanded livers as pub grub. ��
    And stop catching sparrows in nets and drowning them in red wine...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12