+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: lets have a quick vote

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmmm, so we were outclassed 3-3. Losing 8-1 at Swansea was being outclassed.

Although I suppose you've always struggled a bit with numbers - would that 'majority' be 37% of you?
    Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    How many of you actually believe that the ONLY reason you lost that game was the referee and his decisions?

No wishy washy "might have beens" etc- how many people think that the only, single reason you lost was the referee?
    I think you were closer to being eliminated than you think.
    You see, we're a bit of a schizo team. 7 of those starters were taking us out of the league in 2017 and much the same bunch were riding high in 2nd for most of this season. With this group, confidence can come and go not only from game to game but even in the same game.
    Look at the first leg, you really didn't get a sniff after we scored. Yeah, you overran us in the first half but after KN's team talk we would have grinded out an away win no problem, if it wasn't for the ref. Same story at Meadow Lane. We're a team of grinders and after Forte scored we were more than capable of going on to win it, despite being outplayed again earlier.
    I'm not saying I like the style we play and really hope it'll improve next season, but you should be grateful for those gifts from the officials because we easily could have knocked you out.

Good luck in the final anyway. I think I'd prefer a trip to Devon next year instead of Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't, I believe there were THREE reasons we lost the game.

1. Wrong decision by ref to award you a penalty at your place.
    2. Wrong decision by JS side lino to rule out the Forte 'goal'.
    3. Wrong decision by DP side lino to allow your third goal.

Correct decisions would have meant a 3-3 aggregate. You can't lose 3-3. After that it's unfortunately back to wishy washy "might have beens". Either side could have gone on to win.
    4 - Wrong decision by the ref to allow the game to go ahead at our place. Should never of played on such a dreadful pitch. Not for that pitch wed of been out of sight by HT 1st leg.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC Dan View Post
    4 - Wrong decision by the ref to allow the game to go ahead at our place. Should never of played on such a dreadful pitch. Not for that pitch wed of been out of sight by HT 1st leg.
    4 wrong decisions in the 2 games is a fact, you being out of sight by HT is only your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    The point is that the reffing robbed us of a fair chance to compete. We all deserve a higher standard of officiating.
    You could ague all day that officials are dreadful in the lower leagues. They are, they're awful. But robbing you of a fair chance to compete? If that's the case we were robbed too. Collectively over the season we've probably had enough bad decisions costing us enough points to make the autos. You could make a list of 100 ifs, buts and maybes. We were clearly the better side over 2 legs. And in terms of luck/rub of the green decisions i'd say it was about 60/40 in our favour. Not all against you tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    4 wrong decisions in the 2 games is a fact, you being out of sight by HT is only your opinion.
    You had one chance at our place, ONE CHANCE and that was only bought about by standing water.

On the flip side, the standing water was by far your best defender in the 1st half.

“Good luck in the final anyway. I think I'd prefer a trip to Devon next year instead of Coventry”

I think I’d prefer a trip to Kabul instead of Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC Dan View Post
    I've seen one of your fans complain about the pitch at your place before, were you not at the opening game of the season when kickoff was delayed because it absolutely hammered it down before that game too? You managed to perform well enough to beat us 3-0 that day so let's not be silly and complain about it now, it was the same for both teams too, it's not like our players came out in scuba gear and flippers to be able to handle it better than you did.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I've seen one of your fans complain about the pitch at your place before, were you not at the opening game of the season when kickoff was delayed because it absolutely hammered it down before that game too? You managed to perform well enough to beat us 3-0 that day so let's not be silly and complain about it now, it was the same for both teams too, it's not like our players came out in scuba gear and flippers to be able to handle it better than you did.
    And I've seen LOADS of your fans moaning about the referee. He was the same bad referee for both teams. Bottom line is, you were out thought, out fought, out played, out sung and played a style of football that is out of date. You didn't deserve to win. Even if you had won AND pulled off a miracle at Wembley, L1 would of chewed you up and deposited you back into L2 next season anyway!

Yawn, I know there's not a lot to do in Coventry but these guys are ridiculous. I've had abysses less irritating than these deadbeats. I feel Exeter owe us some kind of mental abuse payment for taking them away from their board. I know Notts fans are bored of this by now, we're kind of looking to next season if you check the new threads, aren't you getting bored or do you like hanging round talking to men more than is normal?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast