+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 921 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    We are still in Europe and will remain so until we sign clause 50, and then we still remain in for two more years. Plenty of time for a second referendum which seems likely and Brexiteers will melt away when they realise this time the implications of still wanting to come out.
    Really and you speak for me as a Britexiteer? It's still only guesswork what will happen anyway.
    I won't change my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    We are still in Europe and will remain so until we sign clause 50, and then we still remain in for two more years. Plenty of time for a second referendum which seems likely and Brexiteers will melt away when they realise this time the implications of still wanting to come out.
    So what you're saying is, you're a federalist at heart
    You advocate, ever closer union- run by an undemocratic committee/ one law/one currency/one financial system/one army/no borders/in effect a closed shop?

He's one for you Basie, it's right up your alley.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvuHMgPq38

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So what you're saying is, you're a federalist at heart
    You advocate, ever closer union- run by an undemocratic committee/ one law/one currency/one financial system/one army/no borders/in effect a closed shop?

He's one for you Basie, it's right up your alley.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvuHMgPq38
    Did we not fight a war in the not too distant past to stop exactly this?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Did we not fight a war in the not too distant past to stop exactly this?
    Yes Angry we did-

Folks think this is a good idea? It's scary.

USSR, Yugoslavia anyone?

Don't think he said that at all Tricky...those are all you're assumptions. You can be pro 'Remain' but still be critical of the way the EU has developed.
    To put it in a football context, many on here have been critical of the way DCFC were run last season...doubtless you likewise at Forest...does that mean that support has to be withdrawn? No...we say our piece, aim for constructive change and continue to support.
    Anyway, what is so democratic about 17.5m deciding what the vast majority should do and being led into it by a PM who will have been chosen by a tiny percentage of the electorate on the back of a load of political bile and yobbery by a loudmouth who has never managed to get himself elected and has since resigned?

The BoE statements today don't look good time to batten down the hatches, the next decade is going to be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don't think he said that at all Tricky...those are all you're assumptions. You can be pro 'Remain' but still be critical of the way the EU has developed.
    To put it in a football context, many on here have been critical of the way DCFC were run last season...doubtless you likewise at Forest...does that mean that support has to be withdrawn? No...we say our piece, aim for constructive change and continue to support.
    Anyway, what is so democratic about 17.5m deciding what the vast majority should do and being led into it by a PM who will have been chosen by a tiny percentage of the electorate on the back of a load of political bile and yobbery by a loudmouth who has never managed to get himself elected and has since resigned?
    1.Critical of the EU, yet change nothing. 70 attempts to do, 70 failures.
    2. democracy, runs on the majority deciding. 17.5 went one way, 16 went the other. That looks like a majority for me.
    Therefore democracy QED.
    By your analogy, we wouldn't ever have a general election result in this country. 72.5% turned out for the referendum. The highest in 25 years. How clear cut do you want it?
    3. That "LOUDMOUTH" you talk about has represented the UK in the European parliament with 26.6% of the national vote. A little party blowing the two big boys into submission. How? Because folks wanted someone with the balls to stand up to the EU. He has done so, from day one.
    What bile do you speak of? Standing up to political bullying(try Ireland Portugal Greece)/uncontrolled immigration/Eu laws/ sneaky treaties passed through?

The thing you keep missing is down to one word DEMOCRACY-
    If you don't like what he says, then it's your prerogative not to and not to vote for him.
    Under the EU you wouldn't get that choice. Now you need to find a dark corner and have a lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    The BoE statements today don't look good time to batten down the hatches, the next decade is going to be rough.
    Yes Triz, doomsday is happening right now.
    http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e...html?index=UKX

democracy, runs on the majority deciding. 17.5 went one way, 16 went the other. That looks like a majority for me.
    Therefore democracy QED.
    a couple of points, not sure who I'm agreeing/disagreeing with but hey ho

Loving my musical references, there's a line in a Rush song 'If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice', and I think that sums up how those who didn't vote should be considered - they couldn't be arsed to vote so they are clearly prepared to go with the eventual decision.

Also, as I was yet again listening to Radio 4 last night with my pipe cocoa and slippers in situ there was an interview with a Swiss about their vote of a few years ago to tighten immigration, won by 50.3% to 49.7%. When asked if there was a hoohaa from the losing side he said 'why would there be, the majority side prevails no matter how small the majority - we are used to this as we vote as a nation on around 10 -12 things every year, some close, some not so close'. Maybe UK need to hold MORE referendums to stop us getting so wound up about them

1.Critical of the EU, yet change nothing. 70 attempts to do, 70 failures.
    2. democracy, runs on the majority deciding. 17.5 went one way, 16 went the other. That looks like a majority for me.
    Therefore democracy QED.
    By your analogy, we wouldn't ever have a general election result in this country. 72.5% turned out for the referendum. The highest in 25 years. How clear cut do you want it?
    3. That "LOUDMOUTH" you talk about has represented the UK in the European parliament with 26.6% of the national vote. A little party blowing the two big boys into submission. How? Because folks wanted someone with the balls to stand up to the EU. He has done so, from day one.
    What bile do you speak of? Standing up to political bullying(try Ireland Portugal Greece)/uncontrolled immigration/Eu laws/ sneaky treaties passed through?

The thing you keep missing is down to one word DEMOCRACY-
    If you don't like what he says, then it's your prerogative not to and not to vote for him.
    Under the EU you wouldn't get that choice. Now you need to find a dark corner and have a lie down.
    You can keep talking about 'Democracy' as much as you like Tricky but you can't tell me what is 'democratic' about an electorate of 40+ million being 'governed' by the decision of 17.5m in a two option situation.
    As I've said before, General Elections are entirely different...there will be three, four or more candidates (options) but in a two option choice it is not democratic for the wishes of an active minority to determine the future of a much greater majority and that is what is happening.
    I don't agree with everything about the EU by any means but I disagree a whole lot more with the prospect of being led into a self imposed recession by many - not all - of those who voted 'Leave' on the basis of objection to immigration and a load of lies written on the side of a bus.

As for Farage...it's easy to be paid well to go and become a representative of something you just set out to destroy. Rather more difficult to bring about positive change. Thanks anyway Nigel...for the collapse in the value of the pound, the increase in hate crime and the likely break up of the U.K. What a legacy...just what we needed.

Andy...a referendum might be useful for DCFC supporters to vote on who the next iPro statue should be...but as far as such complex issues as the EU are concerned, please let's leave it to the politicians we've already voted for and the 'experts' in future. Hopefully we can still avoid the trigger on the gun that's pointing at the other foot.

Page 5 of 921 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)