+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T the F1Thread

So much for German precision engineering

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    So much for German precision engineering
    Made in UK

I tried to make this point a while ago but accidentally deleted my post, F1 is a British success story, to the extent that most of the teams are UK based, even Mercedes (supposedly German), Renault (supposedly French), Force India (supposedly Indian) and Haas (supposedly American). The Merc chassis is UK made, the Merc engine is UK made.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 02-07-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Made in UK

I tried to make this point a while ago but accidentally deleted my post, F1 is a British success story, to the extent that most of the teams are UK based, even Mercedes (supposedly German), Renault (supposedly French), Force India (supposedly Indian) and Haas (supposedly American). The Merc chassis is UK made, the Merc engine is UK made.
    Will this still be so after Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Will this still be so after Brexit?
    Engineering excellence definitely won't change with Brexit. and sorry, I forgot Red Bull (supposedly Austrian)

With the exception of Ferrari, and on occasion including them, F1 teams find it difficult to sustain themselves outside UK. Ferrari do OK, Sauber struggle along, Toro Rosso underperform considering their funding. F1 engineering is a massive UK success story, not ignoring the fact that there are a league of nations involved in the collective effort.

The only remotely Dutch F1 team I can think of was the shortlived (part of 2007) Spyker team, although even that was just a branding of a team based in Northamptopn (and now called force India)

What a race that was, Lewis just when you think he can't get any better just goes and moves it up a notch

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    What a race that was, Lewis just when you think he can't get any better just goes and moves it up a notch
    I loved it, with just a slight tinge of sadness that it was at Kimi's expense, and a great afternoon of sport - Lewis, England Cricket and Rangers not getting thrashed...

I would like to know the answer to a couple of ferrari biased decisions.

First, why has no action been taken against them regarding the unsafe release of Vettel? It shouldn't matter if there was a complaint, it was a safety issue.

Also, when Ricciardo pulled off alongside the track with Marshalls recovering his car, why was there no VSC, which would have given Hamilton the lead?

Two good questions, apparently it was said the unsafe release wasn't caught on the 'world feed' so Charlie didn't spot it which I find strange, so which feed are the world viewers watching he they aren't watching the world feed? Can you imagine the riot if vettel got a drive through or a stop n go, Jesus that would top the weekend off for me

About the vsc, I noticed how the Marshall's were making a meal of recovering the car, to me it looked as though they were trying to throw a safety car so vettel could catch the pack quicker

Bad news for F1 fans is that only one 2019 GP will be shown 'free to air' (the British GP), and F1 will continue to go the way of Boxing, an absolute irrelevance to the vast majority of the sporting public, yet apparently carrying on regardless in its own bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Bad news for F1 fans is that only one 2019 GP will be shown 'free to air' (the British GP), and F1 will continue to go the way of Boxing, an absolute irrelevance to the vast majority of the sporting public, yet apparently carrying on regardless in its own bubble.
    At Amazon and other online stores and probably at your local computer/electronic store, you can buy Andriod boxes which you can programme to pick up any station you want. BBC, ITV/Channel4-5, Sky, BTSport, foreign stations etc etc etc. Prices from around £40 to a couple of hundred. Over here the local Computer shop will also programme it for you for around £50 if you think that might be a difficult task.......

..... not that I am trying to persuade anybody into any shady action

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)