+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WC Q-Finals

All these commentary I get here is rubbish. Remember how I thought England if by finishing 2nd avoid France or Argentina? Yep I got that from commentary.
    And I got another gem that nearly flummoxed me.
    The commentator said that the last 8 winners, yes Last 8 winners all won their 3 group games. I swallowed that up until I got thinking today and realised that Spain lost to Switzerland in 2010 before going on a winning spree.

Don't these buggers check their facts? I'd rather to my friend who suffers from schizophrenia. He's been like that lucky octopus. Most of his predictions have been on the mark.
    He's only got 1 last 16 wrong. Correctly predicted Uruguay and Belgium yesterday.
    Today he's chosen England and Croatia.

Although I still think it's gonna be a draw and penalties in our game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    All these commentary I get here is rubbish. Remember how I thought England if by finishing 2nd avoid France or Argentina? Yep I got that from commentary.
    And I got another gem that nearly flummoxed me.
    The commentator said that the last 8 winners, yes Last 8 winners all won their 3 group games. I swallowed that up until I got thinking today and realised that Spain lost to Switzerland in 2010 before going on a winning spree.

Don't these buggers check their facts? I'd rather to my friend who suffers from schizophrenia. He's been like that lucky octopus. Most of his predictions have been on the mark.
    He's only got 1 last 16 wrong. Correctly predicted Uruguay and Belgium yesterday.
    Today he's chosen England and Croatia.

Although I still think it's gonna be a draw and penalties in our game today.
    Well, they have avoided France (at least until a possible final), by finishing 2nd in group. So what you on about Winston?

Bizarrely I listened to the gane on my phone using the BBC iPlayer radio whizzing through southern France and northern Spain, in fact the first goal went in as I crossed the border. BAD news is I’ll be doing the same trip in reverse next Sunday....

I have just one thing to say......

Name:  It's coming home.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  16.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Prior to yesterday's game, someone with far too much time on their hands, not me I hasten to add, had worked out that in the first 4 games, Neymar had spent just over 14 minutes on the ground in apparent agony............
    Neymar is an overrated show pony. The commentators salivate whenever he gets the ball but I've seen nothing in this world cup or previously to suggest he is one of the world's greats. As Cavani said when Neymar was at Barcelona if you are going to be the best player in the world you need to be the best player at your club first and he isn't, at club or international level.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Neymar is an overrated show pony. The commentators salivate whenever he gets the ball but I've seen nothing in this world cup or previously to suggest he is one of the world's greats. As Cavani said when Neymar was at Barcelona if you are going to be the best player in the world you need to be the best player at your club first and he isn't, at club or international level.
    Agree 100%...in the running for an Oscar though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Bizarrely I listened to the gane on my phone using the BBC iPlayer radio whizzing through southern France and northern Spain, in fact the first goal went in as I crossed the border. BAD news is I’ll be doing the same trip in reverse next Sunday....
    If that first goal going in as you cross the border back into France is by England you will be thanked for your great sacrifice Andy. If our opponents are France then it will be even better AND you will have an open road ahead of you............. double joy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)