+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How many times can

They have done a "deal" you get next 2 home games(accies and gers) for £42 for an adult!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s a must win, we should open the doors Dees Behring both goals, won’t make a difference to their support, it no chance of our backward thinking board agreeing to it
    They have knocked 25% off the gate price for accies and gers game if you go to both.

Wouldn't have bothered with rangers game. Most folk wud find someone with a ticket if they wanted to but I wud have reduced accies game to £12/15 as we really wouldn't lose much dosh on away fans, accies will bring 150 maximum midweek.

£12 we wud probably get an extra 1000 to 1200 in.

I think we wud break even money wise at that or as near as dammit and get around 6000 for a midweek game creating a decent atmosphere.

We will be storing up problems for May though as there is little value in a season ticket as it is and can see people just snubbing them altogether if they continually drop the gate price.

Sure we only have a few Saturday 3pm games left at Dens as well.

Dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

I wonder if they know the numbers that took up the last offer, you wud think they wud but this is DFC we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Nelms has over a week to get a clue and do something to bring the fans in for a midweek game. If he just carries on as usual with away fans behind the goal, and a handful of PATG in the home ends, what is the point of him. Tenner to get in the Shankly, kids/concessions free.
    The Dee fans don't like the shankly, moon might be shining in their eyes.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    They have knocked 25% off the gate price for accies and gers game if you go to both.

Wouldn't have bothered with rangers game. Most folk wud find someone with a ticket if they wanted to but I wud have reduced accies game to £12/15 as we really wouldn't lose much dosh on away fans, accies will bring 150 maximum midweek.

£12 we wud probably get an extra 1000 to 1200 in.

I think we wud break even money wise at that or as near as dammit and get around 6000 for a midweek game creating a decent atmosphere.

We will be storing up problems for May though as there is little value in a season ticket as it is and can see people just snubbing them altogether if they continually drop the gate price.

Sure we only have a few Saturday 3pm games left at Dens as well.

Dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

I wonder if they know the numbers that took up the last offer, you wud think they wud but this is DFC we are talking about.
    Fair point about the ST's for next season. Assuming that we stay up - I know a brave assumption, there must be a better price for ST's next season. The TV money has gone up, the amount will be known I assume, and surely there will be a much tighter grip on signings next season, probably starting in January where I'd expect every new signing to have an SPFL salary in the contract and a championship one, which he could walk away from if he said so as soon as our league position became clear. We can't afford to have an injury sicklist and be paying out to have players out on loan. Let's get back to basics.

The Dee fans don't like the shankly, moon might be shining in their eyes.��
    similar discussion on the other forum on the need for promotions to bring in the fans. how about free sunspecs to counter the glare of the sun or moon when sitting in the Shankly. Incidentally have we ever had complaints from away fans about the sun at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    similar discussion on the other forum on the need for promotions to bring in the fans. how about free sunspecs to counter the glare of the sun or moon when sitting in the Shankly. Incidentally have we ever had complaints from away fans about the sun at Dens.
    Don't think so.

They shud have shifted the home/away end years ago but as everything at Dens from communicating with fans, mending fanboys and shifting hoses it's too much bother.

We shud employ a stadium manager, a respected one.

Given that the Sun's only a bother between 3 and 4 in winter and we have very few sunny days and even less 3pm kick offs we cud do this easily, lift the atmosphere in an instant.

That shud read mending tannoys

That shud read mending tannoys
    Thanks for the clarification - was wondering what you were on about! Interesting suggestion that there is an american based consortium heading for ownership across the road. director of football style of management. Are Hearts worried that they might lose Levein so that he can rework his relationship with Neilson?

Thanks for the clarification - was wondering what you were on about! Interesting suggestion that there is an american based consortium heading for ownership across the road. director of football style of management. Are Hearts worried that they might lose Levein so that he can rework his relationship with Neilson?
    There's only one team in Dondeh, one team in Dondeh.😐

Don't even want to think about it but....

Looks less and less likely with each passing month that this ground is gonna happen, ours is in a derilect state, there's is adequate...worrying times.

Fair point about the ST's for next season. Assuming that we stay up - I know a brave assumption, there must be a better price for ST's next season. The TV money has gone up, the amount will be known I assume, and surely there will be a much tighter grip on signings next season, probably starting in January where I'd expect every new signing to have an SPFL salary in the contract and a championship one, which he could walk away from if he said so as soon as our league position became clear. We can't afford to have an injury sicklist and be paying out to have players out on loan. Let's get back to basics.
    TV deal doesn't change till 2020 so we're still reliant on Tim Keyes to keep funding his idiot mate Nelms. Who will surely restrict McIntyre to attackers on loan deals till the end of the season. McIntyre is only on a one-year rolling deal so no 2-year deals for free agents unless they are proven.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)