+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Extinct Pubs in Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Walters was short lived. It reverted back to the Tanfield early 80s. its now an undertakers which is quite appropriate as many zombie like characters would drink there. A pub crawl along Great Northern Rd used to be some experience.. Starting at the Tanfield -Millers bar-Central-Crown-Royals- ending at the White Horse. If you survived that you were some Kiddie.
    Pretty sure there was a Sunday League pub team sponsored by the Tanfield. When they were, inevitably, kicked out of the league they just moved along Gt. Northern to the next bar (Bob Lawarence's?) and gave the owner a 'sponsor us or we'll tan yer pub' ultimatum. Played against one of their incarnations and were 2:0 at half time - ended up losing 7:2 because they kicked the sh1te out of us. The referee was advised 'we ken far you bide ana'

The Snug bar near Aberdeen docks .

The smallest pub I've ever been in 3 or 4 bar stools and maybe 3 small tables not any bigger than a living room in Northfield

Loved the bar I was 15 being served a vodka n orange that was the drink of the day.
    Remember that .

That’ll have been vodka with a dash of diluting
    orange

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That’ll have been vodka with a dash of diluting
    orange
    Indeed DD.
    You remember that drink too through the years we reverted to drinking fancy drinks like fine wines instead of four crown .

Oil has a lot to answer for .

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Pretty sure there was a Sunday League pub team sponsored by the Tanfield. When they were, inevitably, kicked out of the league they just moved along Gt. Northern to the next bar (Bob Lawarence's?) and gave the owner a 'sponsor us or we'll tan yer pub' ultimatum. Played against one of their incarnations and were 2:0 at half time - ended up losing 7:2 because they kicked the sh1te out of us. The referee was advised 'we ken far you bide ana'
    Aye the Sunday welfare league was a dangerous way to spend Sunday afternoon. Many of the teams would warm up in the Dee Motel and by K.O. most were bleezin. Pitch battle V appropriate !

Mr G's in Chapel Street. The fiirst pub i ever got p!shed in. My first ever job was.on Huntly street and Mr G's was maybe a wee bit too handy!! And also the Bells/Balmoral at the top of Union Street . I could go in there on a Friday/Saturday and there would.always be someone i knew in there. Also does anyone remember Smart Alex on Littlejohn Street?

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Mr G's in Chapel Street. The fiirst pub i ever got p!shed in. My first ever job was.on Huntly street and Mr G's was maybe a wee bit too handy!! And also the Bells/Balmoral at the top of Union Street . I could go in there on a Friday/Saturday and there would.always be someone i knew in there. Also does anyone remember Smart Alex on Littlejohn Street?
    Smart Alex, the first night club we used to go to when we where 15/16. I had a fake trainee HGV license😆£1.20 for 2x becks or 2x vods. What a nick we’d end up in. Start the evening in the Marshall Bar drinking bottles of Newcastle Broon for some reason. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Aye the Sunday welfare league was a dangerous way to spend Sunday afternoon. Many of the teams would warm up in the Dee Motel and by K.O. most were bleezin. Pitch battle V appropriate !
    Indeed my old team the Byron were often in the Dee Motel pre match . Eh Northfield loons what we like...

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Smart Alex, the first night club we used to go to when we where 15/16. I had a fake trainee HGV license��£1.20 for 2x becks or 2x vods. What a nick we’d end up in. Start the evening in the Marshall Bar drinking bottles of Newcastle Broon for some reason. Good times.
    Becks and Newcastle Brown. My drinks of choice as a young scamp about town! The Newcie Brown used to give some me some terrible hangovers though! There were so many good pubs then. I usually frequented Crown St/Windmill Brae area and our nights would always end up at Clarkies at one point. Usually took in Tatlers too. Two other legendary venues no longer with us. Ah, they were the days

The Copper Beech in Garthdee. As a young 16 year old in 1981, I used to think I was erchie in there drinking my pints of snakebite.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast