+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perez

No sale of any 1st team regular is good business... at any price...

We have no feckin squad and we are being asset stripped.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    There's plenty of time to add players and to sell players.
    Very few clubs have done much business. The odd signing for some.
    I'm sure we'll have some in the pipeline as well as some outgoings as per usual.
    Your fishing is as poor as Ashley's running of the club here mind

Getting lazy Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    We haven't even got a manager FFS!

I have feck all faith in Charnley getting targets over the line.
    That fair enough if you don't have faith but the thing is, we do get them.
    However , we have to have a new manager in with their own ideas and also having to look at what the club have identified.
    I believe we'll get targets over the line.
    Like I said, very few clubs have done much business as it stands.
    We need a manager in quick, who can basically hit the ground running.

Only time will tell.
    We have to be sure of a takeover or not a takeover and naturally see what transpires from there.
    It only takes a couple of targets and we're on the level.

Ashley was quoted as saying it was the Arabs that didn't want Rafa.

If that was the case then surely they would have said don't sell any assets until the takeover is complete and we have our manager in place.

I get more cynical about a takeover daily.

That fair enough if you don't have faith but the thing is, we do get them.
    However , we have to have a new manager in with their own ideas and also having to look at what the club have identified.
    I believe we'll get targets over the line.
    Like I said, very few clubs have done much business as it stands.
    We need a manager in quick, who can basically hit the ground running.

Only time will tell.
    We have to be sure of a takeover or not a takeover and naturally see what transpires from there.
    It only takes a couple of targets and we're on the level.
    Oh how insightful...we get it, you don't really care and what will be will be.

30 million for a player that wanted to leave before and hankered to leave , as well as getting booed before being let off the leash to rescue his below par season, is excellent business.
    It'll be fantastic business if we replace him with better.
    Leicester have got a good player and I have no ill will against Perez.

However, we move on just like we always do and like all clubs do.
    Nothing lasts for too long in this game, as we all know.

30 million for a player that wanted to leave before and hankered to leave , as well as getting booed before being let off the leash to rescue his below par season, is excellent business.

It is good business on the face of it.

The problem is...will the new manager actually see this 30m? They don't usually.

He's going to need it as apart from improving our squad...he now has to basically replace all our goals from last season.

Oh, happy days...

I believe a new manager will receive it...and more.
    This is why I argue over the net spend situation.

Perez cost us something like 1.2 million (approx) and yet, if we get 30 million for him then it's a near 29 million profit.
    However, that money will be sitting in the coffers, so if we go out and spend ,say, 32 million on two players (as an instance) then we've spent 32 million, not 3 million and all the stingy gets under the sun, tag.

If we spend 3 million and nothing else then I could well understand uproar.

Net spends mean nothing. What counts is how you barter and how you spend in relation to what you can uphold to keep continuity...or basically keep a big club afloat.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 03-07-2019 at 11:12 AM.

I believe a new manager will receive it...and more.
    This is why I argue over the net spend situation.

Perez cost us something like 1.2 million (approx) and yet, if we get 30 million for him then it's a near 29 million profit.
    However, that money will be sitting in the coffers, so if we go out and spend ,say, 32 million on two players (as an instance) then we've spent 32 million, not 3 million and all the stingy gets under the sun, tag.

If we spend 3 million and nothing else then I could well understand uproar.

Net spends mean nothing. What counts is how you barter and how you spend in relation to what you can uphold to keep continuity...or basically keep a big club afloat.
    If we were to only spend 32m in this window then net spend would absolutely be relevant you moron.

You are right that net spend is not always the be all and end all of any argument involving investment. It does happen to have a baring on our plight however.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    If we were to only spend 32m in this window then net spend would absolutely be relevant.
    I never said it wasn't relevant. Read what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    You are right that net spend is not always the be all and end all of any argument involving investment. It does happen to have a baring on our plight however.
    It doesn't need to have any bearing on any plight if a club manages to run on player bartering.
    However, it's not always easy to keep up consistently, which we generally don't and do actually net spend when required. It just seems to be overlooked or cast off as minimal whilst outgoing transfer monies are simply classed as not part of a spend.

Take a look at many clubs and you'll find a lot of them ride along on player outgoing fees to cater for their incomers, even at mammoth prices that makes it look like they're spending big cash from the hip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)