+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Words of a 55yo funster.....

Words of a 55yo funster.....

How comically tragic are the bits in bold in particular... ffs 😯🤣🤣🤣

For people of my age, (55), this is it

Born a week after the European Cup Semi, too young to fully appreciate the decent side of the 60's to mid 70's.

Not allowed to go to the only major trophy we have won in my lifetime, (weather, too young, etc )

Sucked up the agonising goal difference relegation in 76 that was a huge turning point for all 3 clubs involved, (Aberdeen, us, DABS), to our detriment.

Watched in disbelief as teams like St Mirren, Clydebank improved past us to keep us down, then the frustration of the yo-yo years, the unbelievable highs of the Bonetti era and the devastation of the 2 Administrations.

All while watching the ****iest team around go on a jammy run of trophy winning, taking advantage of the ugly sisters both being ****e at the same time, and some of europe's elite defences being inexplicably unable to deal with the skills of Eamon Bannon.

A fawning of them by the Glasgow orientated media over the years, Nevin, Spiers, every single clown on Sportsound/Sportscene, up to last nights a**e licking by Craigen etc; trumpeting them as the best thing since sliced bread.

So, hard work I think, for all of us resolutely following THE main team of the city for all these years.

Until around 9.33pm on 2nd May 2016 of course; who will ever forget the day/time things got a whole lot sweeter.

Sweeter still after last night; stay down and die is my preferred outcome now; but if the status quo has to last a wee bit longer, that'll have to do.

I've probably been harsh on the forum recently about negativity, criticism of players/NM, that's why I've not really posted in the DFC section so much; given that this is the best time to be a Dee since I was born , I don't get the disgruntlement, but I appreciate people are different.

BUT, last night should make us all happy; a perfectly DESERVED and well EARNED result and outcome for the DABS.

Funny that a 55 year old FUNSTER cannie make their only trophy win in his lifetime cos he was too young but that very same season i was at Hampden for the Celtic v Rangers (RIP) Scottish Cup Final(3-2 the dade club)and the next season i was back at national stadium 3 times for the 2 semi's v Hearts and the final v Celtic.
    I say funny cos i am the same age as that pathetic chunt,FACT.

But they're not obsessed or tormented. No definitely not, not at tall, niet, nein, non, move along now there's nothing to see here.

"given that this is the best time to be a Dee since I was born" phucking boak.

Absolute minter of a man.

"given that this is the best time to be a Dee since I was born"

They finished 9th Magnificent achievement, must be brilliant times right enough.

They look back with pride on the Bonetti era every single one of them regardless of the FACT that the Marr's went over budget by Twenty Three million pound's and still couldna deliver a trophy,companies world wide had to settle for 6p in the £ but the Derry consider them halcyon days as a success.
    As much as Stephen Thompson has wrecked our club(and he has big time),we are still a million miles away from being referred to as the FUN,FACT.

Angus trehing hard to forget what a cluster**** of a team he sometimes goes to watch are nowadays
    nvm it'll be all over soon

In season 75/76 we relegated DFC out of the newly formed SPL with our heroic 0-0 draw at Ibrox against the champion's Glasgow Rangers (RIP),i use the word heroic because although the Huns were already crowned they did everything they could that night to preserve their wee Derry cousin's top flight status.
    I was there that night and it was a bear pit,probably the most hostile and intimidating game i have ever attended bar Roma away,three years later we were winning trophies and not only beating but hammering europe's elite.What have the FUN done since Thompson relegated us?,just managed to avoid joining us in oblivion and flopped in every cup competition entered,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    In season 75/76 we relegated DFC out of the newly formed SPL with our heroic 0-0 draw at Ibrox against the champion's Glasgow Rangers (RIP),i use the word heroic because although the Huns were already crowned they did everything they could that night to preserve their wee Derry cousin's top flight status.
    I was there that night and it was a bear pit,probably the most hostile and intimidating game i have ever attended bar Roma away,three years later we were winning trophies and not only beating but hammering europe's elite.What have the FUN done since Thompson relegated us?,just managed to avoid joining us in oblivion and flopped in every cup competition entered,FACT.

hammering Europes elite phucking hell
    fair smacked that giant fae Sweden with the 10s of 10s fans that travelled
    anyway how's Tommy,he's missed

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    hammering Europes elite phucking hell
    fair smacked that giant fae Sweden with the 10s of 10s fans that travelled
    anyway how's Tommy,he's missed
    You only watch europe's elite with your English team John,i witnessed 5-2 v Monaco AWAY(missing a 5-2 v the FUN cos i left on the Friday),2-0 away v PSV,5-0 at home v BMG,4-0 v Standard Liege need i go on mate?.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)