+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Administration.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    Surely the National League North is part of the National League? So surely they have the same admin rules...
    I'm sure teams in admin are allowed to play in the National League North but not the National League. Did similar not happen to Boston??? If they remain in admin tho at the following season's end they get relegated again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_United_F.C.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Unreadable. Any chance of telling us what it says?

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Is the leisure group under Paragon Interiors PLC or are they different branches? If the leisure group is also under the PLC then we are really in deep doo-doo but if not, we might just survive. His golf course is his pride and joy, he also love the hotel and wedding venue so I suspect he'll have protected that, and that is the umbrella Notts sit under

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    With peoples livelihoods depending on it, ridiculous statement, more far reaching 'that its only a game at the end of the day'
    I actually agree with you.

I don't know if you noticed but I was replying to a poster who said dropping down the divisions was heart breaking, not people losing their livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yes and no, it's sad in a sporting sense but it's only a game at the end of the day.
    For you maybe. However for me football is more than just a game, it allows people from all walks off life to interact with each other, knowing they all love their respected clubs. I'm 24 years of age, i went to my first game aged 4, and have had a season ticket since the age of 9. My love for our club means Notts County is more than a game to me.

I don't know if you noticed but I was replying to a poster who said dropping down the divisions was heart breaking, not people losing their livelihoods.
    Apologies

If we go bust then peoples jobs will be on the line, League 2 footballers aren't millionaires, they still have mortgages and families. Not only that staff will have to be let go, us going bust affects people more than you can imagine.

This is definitely heartbreaking for me – and I’ve just turned 40. Been watching Notts since the mid-80s. 157 years of history ought to mean something in the ‘beautiful game’.

The saddest thing is that in the years since we first went into administration (2002) and the Munto season (2009) this club has not found a way to run itself like an actual business. Instead we just make the same mistakes of overpaying crap players again and again and end up with massive squad who never look like they can be arsed. From a neutral point of view we deserve to go extinct.
    How many players have we actually managed to sell on for fees in the last 20 years like Exeter have? I’m pretty sure it’s less than 10 – and most of them will be the likes of Best, McGoldrick, Pennant and Dongda He – players who never really played for us and were just poached from our academies.

Running a lower league football club like a business in this day and age isn’t easy – particularly in the moneyball era of Sky TV and the Premier League etc. But it is still possible. Just look at Accrington last season. They did all that on about 30% of our budget. Their players are hungrier and better for it too. They’re a lean club and we’re just bloated and obese by comparison.

There’s a moral point to all this too. If we go into administration it will affect a wider circle than just those at the club too – there’s a supply chain of companies who won’t get paid. I know not many people on here are fans of Ray Trew, but one thing I always respected him for is paying out the millions to make sure Notts didn’t go into admin under his watch. Let’s hope we can say the same of Alan Hardy after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    If we go bust then peoples jobs will be on the line, League 2 footballers aren't millionaires, they still have mortgages and families. Not only that staff will have to be let go, us going bust affects people more than you can imagine.
    Yes but you've just added that now you've seen someone else mention it. Before you were talking about the sporting side of things and us potentially becoming AFC Notts County as being heart breaking, which is what I was commenting on.

Yes but you've just added that now you've seen someone else mention it. Before you were talking about the sporting side of things and us potentially becoming AFC Notts County as being heart breaking, which is what I was commenting on.
    I would have thought it would have been common knowledge that jobs will be lost that's why. If football is just a game to you that's fine everyone is entitled to an opinion at the end of the day.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast