+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 551 of 922 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

which fades into insignificance when compared to the Mormon Church with about 70 billion, and the Catholic churches which must be well over 100 billion

But these are still chicken feed compared to the market capitalisation of the big global corporations

Whilst not an apologist for Islam, the concept of zakat must have broad appeal to those of a left leaning persuasion

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep...okay...long day, should have chosen my words more carefully.

To my way of thinking...Jesus Christ may, to me, be a heroic role model and I know there are some wonderful individuals who subscribe to various religions.

Unfortunately, again imo, I feel the damage that has been done by religion - either as a means of social control or an endless source of conflict - outweighs the good.

Suppose, when it comes to religion, I’m in the same place as you and GP are with Brexit...a tad undecided.
    Sure JC would have favoured Remain though.
    His dad was experienced in global ethnic cleansing, demonising snakes, hating homo***uality, and inciting eternal horrific turmoil for anyone believing otherwise... so probably a remainer yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If all of the organised religions were to liquidise all of their assets they could eradicate hunger, homelessness and poverty in one fell swoop. They aren't going to though.
    Fair point...maybe take that one up with Andy.

........ and what his Dad did to frogs must make it unlikely that the would tolerate an economic union with the French, so definitely a Brexiteer

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    which fades into insignificance when compared to the Mormon Church with about 70 billion, and the Catholic churches which must be well over 100 billion

But these are still chicken feed compared to the market capitalisation of the big global corporations

Whilst not an apologist for Islam, the concept of zakat must have broad appeal to those of a left leaning persuasion
    The difference is in 95% of Muslim countries is voluntary and the goes to the poor and the needy . The few countries were it is compulsory it's 2.5% of your total wealth

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    The difference is in 95% of Muslim countries is voluntary and the goes to the poor and the needy . The few countries were it is compulsory it's 2.5% of your total wealth
    What is voluntary and what goes to the poor and needy and what is compulsory?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sure JC would have favoured Remain though.
    I've gone the extra mile and asked the local vic! Nice bloke, likes Rush, rides a big bike, likes his pop. He's having a think (which I find a bit strange, why can't he just ask God?)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've gone the extra mile and asked the local vic! Nice bloke, likes Rush, rides a big bike, likes his pop. He's having a think (which I find a bit strange, why can't he just ask God?)
    Probably busy setting his bush on fire

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    What is voluntary and what goes to the poor and needy and what is compulsory?
    The zakat (like a tythe but not paid to the church!)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Blimey Andy...it was only a joke. I think his reaction to MA’s point (5495) would be more illuminating.

Can’t be that nice if he likes Rush...done Derby untold harm that bloke...allegedly.

Is the concept of Zakat so very different from any other form of giving to charity and is it unique amongst religions?
    Sure I worked with a bloke once who was involved with one form of Christianity or other which suggested we should all aim to give away at least 5% of our earnings to charity.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-09-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Page 551 of 922 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)