+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull City v Barnsley Match Thoughts .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    .... Most of us at the bottom have to play each other.... Hudders play Luton. charlton and Wigan they said tonight next.... so summat got to give.......
    might just have half a crown on us............
    Barnsley ev to play Stoke and Luton away and Wigan at ooam.

Mmmm. I think these will be more of a pressure games for the home side than the away. I
    Say we we will take six points from these two games

Stream sorted, saw most second half.
    There’s a combination of things going on here. A coach finally getting an understanding, a switching of tactics ( tonight a move to 5 at back, and Saturdays success with an unpredictable formation has shown he has a style, and adaptability.
    The one trick Pony has changed, and we aren’t the same predictable unchangeable team we were. Easily bearable when we played the same way for 25 matches..... not so easy now...... too little too late...I think so, but hope not.....
    Whatever now, we’ve given ourselves a chance.. Solbaur, and Mowatt injuries and game management in the last five minutes shows we are being managed by a savvy guy.
    Hey, we were stuffed.... Now it’s just a win, and a goal away..... Most of us at the bottom have to play each other.... Hudders play Luton. charlton and Wigan they said tonight next.... so summat got to give.......
    might just have half a crown on us............
    Agree that the changes broke the play up and frustrated Hull and meant they couldn't get any real momentum .

That's clever championship football even if we did lose a lot of good offensive play .

That centre back partnership gets broken up due to an injury and it will be difficult , we hang by a thread there as we did last season if Woodrow had got himself injured with Moore already sidelined .

We've brought ourselves back to the fight , no more than that but we have a chance .

Onwards and upwards .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Points wise maybe but not their current team .

Anybody got the nous at the club to recall Wilks ?

Not put it in the loan deal I bet ?
    No Animal..... leave this side to do the job.... since he’s gone we’ve looked more settled..... him and McCann are “ top and tailing.....
    He doesnt fit in here.... Dodgy attitude and glad he’s gone

For me Boro are stuffed next 4 games Forest and Swansea at home and Stoke and Charlton away can’t see them getting more than 2 points at best.
    Hull no better with Leeds and Charlton at home and Stoke and Birmingham away can’t see them getting ANY points with the injuries they have.
    We are on form and have Cardiff and Milwall at home with Reading and QPR away can see us getting at least 7 points there.
    If it worked out like that we would be 2 points clear of Boro and 2 off Hull with 7 left to play we just need to keep digging in.

Hull were garbage, but we played really well first half, well in control and on the front foot looking for a way forward.
    2nd half a different game altogether, we looked knackered, yet kept pressing, but most importantly defended really really well! Which is refreshing to see. A couple of months ago we would have lost that game, but now finally we seem to have a bit of stability at the back, starting with Collins who for me was our MOTM tonight, made some match winning saves, and commanded his area really well.
    Personally I still think it’s too late, but at least they have given us a glimmer of hope!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Agree that the changes broke the play up and frustrated Hull and meant they couldn't get any real momentum .

That's clever championship football even if we did lose a lot of good offensive play .

That centre back partnership gets broken up due to an injury and it will be difficult , we hang by a thread there as we did last season if Woodrow had got himself injured with Moore already sidelined .

We've brought ourselves back to the fight , no more than that but we have a chance .

Onwards and upwards .
    Jordan Williams can play central midfield. Anywhere across the back, he can do. That’s why we paid what we did for him.
    Biggest downer to night will be off Odour is really injured.

Mmmm. I think these will be more of a pressure games for the home side than the away. I
    Say we we will take six points from these two games
    Tha cud be reyt Jules--

Barnsley 1 Luton 3
    Barnsley 2 Stoke 4
    Wigan 0 Barnsley 0

No Animal..... leave this side to do the job.... since he’s gone we’ve looked more settled..... him and McCann are “ top and tailing.....
    He doesnt fit in here.... Dodgy attitude and glad he’s gone
    I ain't bothered if he spends his saturday afternoons at Meadowhall Jules just as long as he's not enhancing Hull's chances of staying up .

Jordan Williams can play central midfield. Anywhere across the back, he can do. That’s why we paid what we did for him.
    Biggest downer to night will be off Odour is really injured.
    A dunt think Struber rates Oduor. That's twice he has subbed him early. Struber was happy to get Ritzmaier and Ludewig on.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast