+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elliott Ward contract...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Essentially it’s the only way to sign older players who want surety when you aren’t 100% sure of them!

So it’s a double edged sword.

If I were Ward I’d tell Notts to stuff it.
    He is within his rights to do that but if his wages go up say 25% if he plays he is unlikely to turn money down to play two games.

I think he will agree to it we probably need him to otherwise we only have two fit centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He is within his rights to do that but if his wages go up say 25% if he plays he is unlikely to turn money down to play two games.

I think he will agree to it we probably need him to otherwise we only have two fit centre backs.
    I can play if needed. I am free. I will even pay £5 subs and have a go on the football card.

We don't learn from history. Remember when couldn't play high-earning Tony Hackworth for a good portion of his time at Notts because of the further instalments we would have to play Leeds? To be fair, he probably didn't warrant selection anyway, but if he had played regularly who knows, his development as a young player might have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We don't learn from history. Remember when couldn't play high-earning Tony Hackworth for a good portion of his time at Notts.
    Aaah, happy memories. Not being able to play Hackworth was a brilliant contract clause!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Aaah, happy memories. Not being able to play Hackworth was a brilliant contract clause!
    Ward was brought in by Kewell mid way through the season when we were conceding goals for fun as was Milsom.

So it is stating the obvious to say that both were going to get a fair bit of game time as Duffy couldn't defend for toffee for example and there was a clear reluctance to blood Bird who has since been blooded and did ok.

Can someone please explain to me the logic in bringing in a player mid season to sure up a back 4 (5) and then giving him an appearance restriction that basically motivates his employer not to play him. Unbelievable.

If they are brought in as back up I can understand it but clearly that was not the case. I don't know who negotiated that but they should hang their heads in shame. Absolutely outstandingly bad work. Just give him a contract to the end of the season and go from there, Ward was a free agent for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    His wages are too high for league two let alone the national league.

That's why he hasn't played and it was the same when Milsom was left out the side for a while the only reason he has appeared over the last few months is he has took the clause out of his contact.
    That's stupid, we've payed him thousands of pounds when we won't even play him. His wages won't be ridiculously high and we need a centre back. Play him.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    That's stupid, we've payed him thousands of pounds when we won't even play him. His wages won't be ridiculously high and we need a centre back. Play him.
    It's not Ward's fault is it. Hardy and Turner must have negotiated the contract with player and agent and everyone agreed to it, it now looks like the pressure is on Ward to drop the clause, which seems unfair to me. You need experience in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    It's not Ward's fault is it. Hardy and Turner must have negotiated the contract with player and agent and everyone agreed to it, it now looks like the pressure is on Ward to drop the clause, which seems unfair to me. You need experience in the National League.
    I know, but we clearly need a centre back right now, any money lost would be made up if we stay up. And, Ward won't be on that much.

I know, but we clearly need a centre back right now, any money lost would be made up if we stay up. And, Ward won't be on that much.
    I think that's the problem - he is on quite a lot.

He won't be on that much. What do you call not that much?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast