+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What are your expectations for next season?

Some people though are natural worriers, doesn't make them bad people and their worry is usually only an amplification of a valid point. Worry away Kelton, it takes all sorts to make the world, I hope though after a few games you can see things are progressing nicely, as KK says we're in the best position, apart from the league place, on and off the field for the first time in years. COYP

KK is right though thinking about it, the owners have been great so far and I think we're lucky to have such calm people at the helm compared to Munto Finance (who didn't actually exist so they beat them on that score) The Trews (Remember when they used to come on here?) and Hardy (Dick x 2)

No aging players looking for one last payday before they get injured after 3 underwhelming games, hopefully no more players we pay a fee for, are crap then leave and become good again (what's that all about) Fortress ML back next season which we really missed this year no fans and RR and CR plus Nemane ripping them a new one. Sometimes Notts just have a good year, doesn't happen often but this one is the one.

And one more thing about Hardy, stop tweeting Gary Linekar like your pals mate, it's tragic. Like he could give 2 ****s about what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    And one more thing about Hardy, stop tweeting Gary Linekar like your pals mate, it's tragic. Like he could give 2 ****s about what you think!
    Linekers just one of many famous people he constantly replies to craving to be part of the elite, but was funny though when Lineker took the pi55 out of him.

Exactly who have Stockport signed that makes them such favourites in many people's eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Exactly who have Stockport signed that makes them such favourites in many people's eyes?
    I think it’s primarily down to keeping most of the squad that was hard to score against last season and adding fire power in Scott Quigley.
    I don’t see them as overwhelming favourites but they should be in and around the top 3.
    I really like our chances. Not so much the squad, as I don’t think it stands out above anyone else. For me our fixtures in the first couple of months gives us a great opportunity to gain momentum. Torquay in our first home game will be tight but I would expect a decent crowd in, and Notts to gain revenge. Wrexham away 48 hours later on BT is probably our toughest assignment in the first 8 games or so, and that is winnable.
    Minimum playoff, expect top 3, want the title.

For the record do we know if all of the Notts squad has been double jabbed? With the rules changing before the season that will be key.

If I had a £500 free bet for charity I'd stick it on Stockport. As 78 very good defensively and seemingly addressed matters at the other end, they've now got some proven quality up there with big name players.

They obviously finished high last season, lost to eventual playoff winners and have strengthened. Favourites for me, but anything can happen as we've seen these past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think it’s primarily down to keeping most of the squad that was hard to score against last season and adding fire power in Scott Quigley.
    I don’t see them as overwhelming favourites but they should be in and around the top 3.
    I really like our chances. Not so much the squad, as I don’t think it stands out above anyone else. For me our fixtures in the first couple of months gives us a great opportunity to gain momentum. Torquay in our first home game will be tight but I would expect a decent crowd in, and Notts to gain revenge. Wrexham away 48 hours later on BT is probably our toughest assignment in the first 8 games or so, and that is winnable.
    Minimum playoff, expect top 3, want the title.

For the record do we know if all of the Notts squad has been double jabbed? With the rules changing before the season that will be key.
    Exactly that 78.
    You can probably expect 20 from Quigley, 10-15 Rooney, 10 - 15 Madden, 10 Reid - so about 60 goals just from the strikers.
    Notts probably have 15-20 from Kyle, 10 Cal, 10-15 Ruben, about 45.

I think we need a goal scorer to add some fire power.

Like a few others have said, do we have enough grit and physical presence in midfield ?

My money would be on Stockport, maybe Wrexham if they add a couple of bigger names, with Notts in and around them.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Exactly that 78.
    You can probably expect 20 from Quigley, 10-15 Rooney, 10 - 15 Madden, 10 Reid - so about 60 goals just from the strikers.
    Notts probably have 15-20 from Kyle, 10 Cal, 10-15 Ruben, about 45.

I think we need a goal scorer to add some fire power.

Like a few others have said, do we have enough grit and physical presence in midfield ?

My money would be on Stockport, maybe Wrexham if they add a couple of bigger names, with Notts in and around them.
    The two relegated teams are the great unknowns. Are they in freefall or will they be able to turn things around? Obviously, we had no relegated L2 sides to contend with last season, so the most recent guide is 2019/20, when ourselves and Yeovil finished third and fifth, respectively. I’d be surprised if at least one of Southend or Grimsby weren’t in and around the playoff positions.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The two relegated teams are the great unknowns. Are they in freefall or will they be able to turn things around? Obviously, we had no relegated L2 sides to contend with last season, so the most recent guide is 2019/20, when ourselves and Yeovil finished third and fifth, respectively. I’d be surprised if at least one of Southend or Grimsby weren’t in and around the playoff positions.
    Haven't Southend signed Rhys Murphy from Yeovil ?
    Decent goal scorer. 38 (25) at Chelmsford, 58 (29) at Yeovil.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast