+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott & Simon McCabe

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I wonder if that's significant Aya? Maybe TT's heading up a consortium?
    more likely he's heading up to Manchester Airport for another holiday

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I wonder if that's why we seemed a little reticent in the window? I did mention at the time that I wondered if we might be (ahem) taking stock. I agree with you mate, something's afoot, McCabe is pushing 70 and it seems inconceivable to me that his lads would choose now to depart unless he was planning to leave as well.

We'll see, I hope if it is the case somebody comes in who has the financial clout to take the club forward but even more importantly, they allow it to keep its heart and sole. The thought of us ending up like some of the other clubs including the Pigs is not for me.
    All very interesting this, but I'm feeling a little apprehensive

As you say, if there is someone knocking at the door, the clubs history, tradition, soul and the considerations of the fanbase have to remain sacrosanct

Moan about them being involved. Get jittery when they aren't.

Thats people for you, tsk...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    He mentioned tother day he was disappearing for a month dint say where to tho

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    All very interesting this, but I'm feeling a little apprehensive

As you say, if there is someone knocking at the door, the clubs history, tradition, soul and the considerations of the fanbase have to remain sacrosanct
    Pointless worrying about it 58 what's gonna happen will happen regardless of you worrying,be better to worry about stuff you can influence

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    TT's got the Max&Paddy mobile on't road again(somewhere in Europe mi thinks)I hope the moanin owd git as a good holiday but it's their lass i feel sorry for,fancy havin to listen to him moan for a month in a motorhome.At least at home she can always go out wi her mates and leave him at home for a couple of hours.UTCB

Think Citeh.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Think Citeh.
    I'm still thinking Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

Was thinking more or less the same myself FKB. If there's no smoke, make some, then get yourself worried about it !

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

That's football fans for you. Who'd have thunk it that the Pigs no longer think that the sun shines out if Chancers arse FKB..mcnulty apart.

I think it's just a mixture of hope and fear of the unknown. Things have obviously been happening behind the scenes and it may all be the the usual restructuring or not so good news, but then again it might be the promise from the Prince of bringing more investors onboard coming to fruition.

Either way fans will always worry and speculate about their clubs behind the scenes activities if they think what's happening is out of their control. It's a bit like me every time my private pension pot is sold off to another provider.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast