I'm with Monty on this one.

Would we struggle in the championship? Almost certainly. The average attendance in the championship this season is 20,500. Apart from the two lowest attended clubs all the other clubs had average attendances higher than our maximum capacity. We would be very small fish in the Championship pond.

Would we be better "delaying" promotion? Absolutely not.
Who knows how long before we got another chance? As Monty says, nothing is going to change dramatically over the coming years to make us a bigger club.

This is not down to lack of ambition it is just realism.
Nobody is going to come in and plough millions into the club to make us serious competitors in the Championship. Even if they did, it would be a debt not a gift and we've been there before - no more bucket collections please!

We are not going to develop a brilliant academy and rake in the dosh from a "grow your own" policy.

Our fan base is not likely to grow much (the slow take up on play-off tickets proves that)

I believe we are a top of the third tier club and likely to remain so, with spells in the league above from time to time.

I'm happy with that. It's how it's been (or much worse) in my 50 odd years of supporting the Millers.

Although we would struggle I doubt that we will have the same debacle as last year. Avoiding relegation, taking the odd big scalp (and Wednesday) and getting past the third round of the FA cup (ok that's a bit far-fetched) would be brilliant for me.