+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England Provisional Squad

England Provisional Squad

Surprisingly no call up for either Furlong or Townsend, the injured Luke Shaw the only left back, Townsend must be gutted, mind you thinking about it my dead grannie would get in before Townsend

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Surprisingly no call up for either Furlong or Townsend, the injured Luke Shaw the only left back, Townsend must be gutted, mind you thinking about it my dead grannie would get in before Townsend
    We could do without Shaw if we played three at the back.

With young Mainoo alongside Rice as defensive midfielders we could then load the front end with 5 attacking players, play Bellingham centrally, Saka and Alexander Arnold out wide as they work back as well and then play Foden centrally just behind Kane.

With Stones, Walker and Trippier as a back 3 we have enough pace to cope I think.

I think we need to concentrate on our strengths which are in attacking play and score so many that the defence is less of an issue.

We have unbelievable scoring power in Kane, Foden, Saka and Bellingham that it should be others worrying about us for a change.

Only Southgate can mess this up.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

With young Mainoo alongside Rice as defensive midfielders we could then load the front end with 5 attacking players, play Bellingham centrally, Saka and Alexander Arnold out wide as they work back as well and then play Foden centrally just behind Kane.

With Stones, Walker and Trippier as a back 3 we have enough pace to cope I think.

I think we need to concentrate on our strengths which are in attacking play and score so many that the defence is less of an issue.

We have unbelievable scoring power in Kane, Foden, Saka and Bellingham that it should be others worrying about us for a change.

Nice call Mick 👍 I could see that working.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Best team in Europe by far but yes Southgate will mess it up by being negative again.

Did Furlong not make the squad as thought the stats said he was a world beater?

If Foden isn’t played centrally behind Kane then Southgate should be sacked as soon as we exit the tournament.

I’ve never seen a more obvious number 10 type player in my 62 years.

He’s actually more than a number 10, he’s more like Iniesta in that he can play midfield type stuff but can also score the better part of 30 goals in a season playing behind a greedy striker such as Haaland.

In Foden and Bellingham we have the top two talents in the world.

Not sure id play Trippier in a back 3
    He’s a RB or LB or wing back for me

Agree with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Not sure id play Trippier in a back 3
    He’s a RB or LB or wing back for me

Agree with the rest
    I like Trippier BS but I do agree with you as to his best spot but he’s lost a yard and we probably need one of the younger blokes in a back 3 with Stones and Walker.

Knowing Southgate we’ll end up with a back 4 including Maguire.

If Maguire plays Southgate needs sectioning, we do not need a lump a centre half, we need footballers like Stones.

Look at Mainoo for a young kid as a defensive midfielder, wow, he’s technically brilliant, I’ve never seen a youngster so gifted in that position.

Man U should build a side around him, he’s an amazing talent and for me he’d be on the team sheet straight after Bellingham and Foden.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Best team in Europe by far but yes Southgate will mess it up by being negative again.

Did Furlong not make the squad as thought the stats said he was a world beater?
    Nice try 😉

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)