+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers following...

This is our third trip in 8 years to the new Wembley so perhaps the novelty of play offs and the venue have worn off
    Also the transport and tickets ain't cheap.

Shrews were there a couple of months ago

It's expensive and people have already visited in 2010 and 2014, and many won't have been that impressed.

Those numbers it could have been held at a stadium between Rotherham and Shrewsbury like Pride Park or Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's expensive and people have already visited in 2010 and 2014, and many won't have been that impressed.
    Wots the point in supporting a team like Rotherham or Shrewsbury if you don't get excited or find a way to go to your nation stadium and hopefully see them achieve the impossible ( well I never thought it was possible to get in the championship 3 times in that many years). For teams like us these are the occasions we should all get to as they may not come round every few years soon.

It makes you wonder whether it is the right place to be holding a final of this size there. Ok they don't know who will be there at the end of the season so that's the justification.

Would a home and return legged final be better?

Could they not chose a location between the two teams like they used to for the semi finals of the FA Cup.

Let us face it the only reason it is held at Wembley is to pay for it.

Who does pay for the match to be staged there? Who pays for the stewards, the ground staff and the policing? What is the profit that a club can hope for at a stadium of that size when it is less than a third full?

Don't get me wrong I have loved all three visits and would be there under other circumstances but is it finacially viable when a shorter trip to Manchester would suit both clubs in either stadium. That would be a sell out I think.

Totally agree Frog...I'd rather have it at Villa Park...

I know FA Cup semi-finals are moving from Wembley when its sold so why can't the play-offs.

Either of the Manchester stadiums would have been suitable.

It used to be special getting to wembley. Not any more.. if a little team like Rotherham can do it 3 times in the last 8 years and Shrewsbury even more times then it takes the shine off it..
    I can see why wembley is attractive for players as most of our squad have not played there before though it does seem a bit of a old-fashioned way in modern times.

Lets not spit dummy out yet it’s only Wednesday I’m sure people are still trying to get travel hotels or time off work.

If I was to guess I’d say after today we will sell maybe 500-700 tickets a day so I’d say 17,000 to 18,000

Quote Originally Posted by Gino2 View Post
    Totally agree Frog...I'd rather have it at Villa Park...
    Good call Gino.
    It would be a cracking atmosphere

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast