+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 310 of 560 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    So its utter phucking bullsh1t then.
    I think it came from a very lazy department of ACC who got their wires crossed. Logically, we'd play at McDiarmid Park if we thought we could only sell 10k, or Easter Road if we thought it would be more.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    No and I can't tell you an exact figure but many, including the top, clubs don't comply with all of the category 4 rules, from pitch size to parking spaces.

What's the net cost of redeveloping Pittodrie compared to Kingsford? Would be helpful if the club explained this themselves.
    Stewart Milne :

“Even more fundamental than that, roughly 50 per cent of the funds to deliver the stadium are going to come out of us selling Pittodrie. We have got consent for a residential development. The cost of redeveloping Pittodrie would be comparable with building a new stadium and we will lose £18 to £20 million of the funding.”

It would also involve extending the main stand halfway across Pittodrie Street. Milne continued: “We currently get dispensations from UEFA because our plan is to move to a new stadium. If it doesn’t happen some time soon we will reach a point where they will say ‘you've got one more year to go’. It also costs us upwards of £500,000 for essential maintenance every year. Around £500,000 is just being thrown down a hole. ”

So according to SM, redeveloping Pittodrie we would lose £18-20m of funding from the sale. We would also lose income from the reduced capacity while work is carried out, as I said I reckon £1.5m a season over what 2- 3 seasons? So that’s around £4.5m in lost revenue … best case scenario. Let’s take Hearts new stand for instance, whats that costing? £13m I think I read, so lets say for arguments sake we build 4 of them, that’s £52m. So in total, roughly around £56.5m to redevelop Pittodrie, without having the £20m from the sale of the ground…

Really what my main concern is what happens when we take a dip in form and hit a season again (similar to the late 90's) or even some of the Calderwood / McGhee days? The team are doing well now and seem to be heading in the right direction, but it's not to say that crowds of 15k are even guaranteed, I'm sure most of you on here have been to Pittodrie on a Wednesday night when we've played Falkirk or St.Mirren or some other basement battling team and our crowd has been less than 10,000. That's the crowds that worry me, even having a Stadium near enough the centre of town and we can't even half fill it . All fine when we are up battling at the top end and there is a feel-good factor around the place. We have done well to get younger / newer fans coming since winning the league cup, but will some glory hunters hang about a half empty, new stadium when the going gets tough? Call me a cynic if you want. Just hope we can make a success of this really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Stewart Milne :

“Even more fundamental than that, roughly 50 per cent of the funds to deliver the stadium are going to come out of us selling Pittodrie. We have got consent for a residential development. The cost of redeveloping Pittodrie would be comparable with building a new stadium and we will lose £18 to £20 million of the funding.”

It would also involve extending the main stand halfway across Pittodrie Street. Milne continued: “We currently get dispensations from UEFA because our plan is to move to a new stadium. If it doesn’t happen some time soon we will reach a point where they will say ‘you've got one more year to go’. It also costs us upwards of £500,000 for essential maintenance every year. Around £500,000 is just being thrown down a hole. ”

So according to SM, redeveloping Pittodrie we would lose £18-20m of funding from the sale. We would also lose income from the reduced capacity while work is carried out, as I said I reckon £1.5m a season over what 2- 3 seasons? So that’s around £4.5m in lost revenue … best case scenario. Let’s take Hearts new stand for instance, whats that costing? £13m I think I read, so lets say for arguments sake we build 4 of them, that’s £52m. So in total, roughly around £56.5m to redevelop Pittodrie, without having the £20m from the sale of the ground…
    See there he’s saying £18-20m will come from Pittodrie. It’s now just been valued at £15m. So that’s up to £5m short right there FFS. I’m sure bids last time were also around £13m and in a much much better time?

They give the cost of the full project as £50m which is also a highly dubious price. £43m is covered, leaving a £7m mortgage which we can repay by the skin of our teeth - forecast £2k surplus a year. If we’re £5m short let alone anything else what happens here? Take the £15m away from the £43m and they reckon they have a very convenient £28m coming from basically anything else which isn’t broken down. How very convenient and affordable. Just like we need exactly the amount of hectares available at Kingsford and not a hectare less. Wow.

I’m not buying it I’m afraid. As far as I’m aware we only need to replace 2 stands, or 3 if we want to upgrade the Merkland as well. How could that cost more than Kingsford in gross spend never mind net?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lets try and put this to bed shall we.

Is it UEFA guidelines that clubs in the group stages of the Europa league are required to have a Tier 4 stadium?
    https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...5_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Does Pittodrie have a Tier 4 status?

Could Pittodrie be redeveloped at a lower nett cost, with a similar capacity that meets the UEFA Guidelines than moving to Kingsford?
    Never said Pittodrie does and not at any point have i claimed that. (I also have always said im not adverse to a move just not f@cking Westhill) I want to know how the club can go from saying we will have to play Euro games in Glasgow, then change it to Central Belt then to Dundee. A matter of days ago Dundee was said. So where did the lying b@stards get their information that Tannadice or Dens or Claypotts Park or wherever the f@ck they think in Dundee has tier 4 status from.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    I'd like to have seen the same effort that's been put into these other locations into exploring, and explaining to fans, the costings and capacity of Pittodrie. What it would take to get it done in a no matter what scenario. Give the fans the option of paying to do it etc.

But we all know they've wanted to leave Pittodrie for 2 decades. They want away from that ****hole area and into the wealthy, family day out, corporate friendly area. Their vision is the english model.

Doesn't represent Aberdeen for me. I'm sure it won't be passed but if they ever did move to there I'd lose interest.
    This^
    Totally agree - they’ve forgot where they come from and who they represent - pretty disgraceful by this current board. It won’t be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    This^
    Totally agree - they’ve forgot where they come from and who they represent - pretty disgraceful by this current board. It won’t be forgotten.
    Apart from it being nostalgic. Pittodrie is a **** hole.
    Im sick o folk who harp on aboot re developing Pittodrie. Are you boys going to make up the shortfall in cost compared to what it will cost for a brand new set up at Kingsford.

For all the folk stuck in the 20th century girning that they’ll lose interest or they winna bother going. All I say is Good. Dinna bother. There’s plenty o folk that haven’t been to Pittodrie for years that will be taking your place in the new place.

As much as I am against moving I don't get it when folk say they'll lose interest. If you didn't lose interest during the Paterson or McGhee era then you are like the rest of us...stuck with the terrible affliction of supporting Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by theoninedog View Post
    Apart from it being nostalgic. Pittodrie is a **** hole.
    Im sick o folk who harp on aboot re developing Pittodrie. Are you boys going to make up the shortfall in cost compared to what it will cost for a brand new set up at Kingsford.

For all the folk stuck in the 20th century girning that they’ll lose interest or they winna bother going. All I say is Good. Dinna bother. There’s plenty o folk that haven’t been to Pittodrie for years that will be taking your place in the new place.
    Why werent the fans given the option of staying and redeveloping Pittodrie years ago, give them the figures (nae bullsh!t ones) and see how it panned out....you could have called it "All for Pittodrie".

As for the clamour for a decent training ground...that hasnt bothered Milne for phucking years so its crocodile tears from that clunt now.

Quote Originally Posted by theoninedog View Post

The ones that didn’t go because they think Pittodries shyte? The atmosphere at the new ground will be rocking!

Page 310 of 560 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast