+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    It's the Daily Express with the story and they say it's £1.3m and 1 year loan of Christie.
    Not ideal, but I would be taking that now. That's 2.3 M in the kitty with maybe another 1M too come in. Even giving the new man 1 - 1.5M we be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Not ideal, but I would be taking that now. That's 2.3 M in the kitty with maybe another 1M too come in. Even giving the new man 1 - 1.5M we be in good shape.
    No chance the new manager is getting anywhere near that amount to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    "another £1m to come"...where's that from? ANOTHER player being sold?
    And if we did have £2.3m from Hayes & McInnes, we'd need (guessing) £200,000 for compo for Tommy feckin Wright.
    as for transfer fees, this is Milne we're talking about - doubt it would happen....hence going for Tommy Wright who's the cheap option

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    "another £1m to come"...where's that from? ANOTHER player being sold?
    And if we did have £2.3m from Hayes & McInnes, we'd need (guessing) £200,000 for compo for Tommy feckin Wright.
    as for transfer fees, this is Milne we're talking about - doubt it would happen....hence going for Tommy Wright who's the cheap option
    There was a wee rumour that QPR were interested in McLean.
    With 1 year left to go, I'm sure AFC would rather cash in and make some profit on the investment rather than lose for nothing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There was a wee rumour that QPR were interested in McLean.
    With 1 year left to go, I'm sure AFC would rather cash in and make some profit on the investment rather than lose for nothing next year.
    That would top off a thoroughly miserable summer.

McInnes. McGinn. Hayes. McLean out.

Tommy Wright in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That would top off a thoroughly miserable summer.

McInnes. McGinn. Hayes. McLean out.

Tommy Wright in.
    Dinna be such a gloom merchant

Tansey Replaces Jack
    O'Connor replaces Taylor
    Wright replaces McGinn
    Stewart (If we get him) replaces Hayes
    Christie (If we get him ) replaces McLean

The squad was always going to need freshening up and these potential replacements could mean the team are not impacted that much whilst adding a more youthful edge.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Dinna be such a gloom merchant

Tansey Replaces Jack
    O'Connor replaces Taylor
    Wright replaces McGinn
    Stewart (If we get him) replaces Hayes
    Christie (If we get him ) replaces McLean

The squad was always going to need freshening up and these potential replacements could mean the team are not impacted that much whilst adding a more youthful edge.
    Surely we are still going to need to get more faces though.
    What you are suggesting, would leave us with about 18 outfield players.

We need to get in another centre half, a winger and two midfielders IMO

New manager should be trying to persuade Mclean to sign a contarct extension he was one of our better players and will be very hard to replace. All this nonsense about new manager being handed a kitty. Transfer fees are a windfall benefit and should not be factored into budget projections. We will continue to live within our means and will rely on free transfers as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Surely we are still going to need to get more faces though.
    What you are suggesting, would leave us with about 18 outfield players.

We need to get in another centre half, a winger and two midfielders IMO
    Of course I think we could do with more.
    My point was that it is entirely possible we could still have a great first 11 despite losing key players.
    On top of the players I highlighted, I would prefer the priority was a centre forward like Moult.
    Then a centre half like Devlin (ok he's injured now and there is a concern over his knee injuries. Getting away from the artificial pitch might help)

Neil Warnock says Cardiff have pulled out of the running to sign Aberdeen ace Jonny Hayes - hinting that the Dons are stalling to get the best offer out of Celtic for the Irishman.

Hayes is at the centre of a four-way fight with Birmingham and Nottingham Forest also keen on luring him south.

Cardiff had reportedly tabled a seven-figure bid last week. But boss Warnock says the Bluebirds are now out of the running - and he took a swipe at Aberdeen for their handling of the situation.

"You can only wait for so long and you've got to move on," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.

"Aberdeen want two players from Celtic and they've been messing us around for quite a few weeks now.

"And it wouldn't surprise me if their manager Derek McInnes goes to Sunderland either.

"There might be other motives behind everything stalling.

"We've moved on and gone on to another one or two targets that haven't been mentioned yet."

Celtic have made a cash plus Ryan Christie on loan offer for Hayes. The Dons are also keen on out-of-favour Celtic winger Gary Mackay-Steven.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast