+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 🏆Five Notts Players in Vanarama NL Team of The Season

🏆Five Notts Players in Vanarama NL Team of The Season

Name:  FvroiVZX0AE1kqa.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  20.0 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-05-2023 at 11:36 AM.

Ruben, Palmer, and Langstaff all make total sense. I suppose Chicksen too for his goal-scoring. But I think Cameron's a little lucky to make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Name:  FvroiVZX0AE1kqa.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  20.0 KB
    Brilliant to see Notts have five representatives in the Team of the Season, as voted by the clubs. A step up from two in 2022, and zero in 2021. I'm really pleased to see Adam Chicksen included. He has his detractors on this board, but I think he's had a great season and is one of my favourite players.

It is excellent to see so many Notts players recognised.
    Regards Adam Chicksen first of all I think he will start but certainly against teams we dominate he struggles to get round the back of them and if we can't for whatever reason do it on the right hand side then it seriously mitigates our attacking threat.
    If we go up I would expect us not to dominate the ball as much and his biggest strength defending would be required more.
    Personally I would be happy with Chicksen as left back in a back 4 and would probably prefer him as the left sided central defender in a 3(5) and Jones or Austin or Cameron as LWB.

BBC showing their usual level of accurate reporting on the National League - unless we've done a last minute emergency loan swap deal with Chesterfield for Jeff King, with Chicksen going the other way, just for the final.

Name:  NL Team 2023.JPG
Views: 850
Size:  64.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Ruben, Palmer, and Langstaff all make total sense. I suppose Chicksen too for his goal-scoring. But I think Cameron's a little lucky to make the cut.
    Agree totally… Cameron is really lucky to be in there. There’s been times this season where I’ve muttered the words “if we go up he’ll need replacing as not quick enough.”

Congratulations to all 5.
    Critical fans should shut the f**k up about Kyle Cameron.
    He's totally worthy of the place, not lucky at all. I suggest 'fans' should desist from undermining our captain's achievements in this record-breaking season.

It’s hardly surprising that ten of them come from the top two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It’s hardly surprising that ten of them come from the top two teams.
    They didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Congratulations to all 5.
    Critical fans should shut the f**k up about Kyle Cameron.
    He's totally worthy of the place, not lucky at all. I suggest 'fans' should desist from undermining our captain's achievements in this record-breaking season.
    Oooooooo that sounds like fighting talk, or handbags.

LL is right no surprise at all that two teams dominate due to #radar and #hollywoodmoney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast