+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Krystian Bielik.

Thorne MkII

Wouldn’t disagree with much of that appraisal, MA.
    In an otherwise dismal season the emergence of Lowe, Knight, Bird and possibly Sibley has definitely been a big plus. Not convinced by Whittaker yet but there’s time and we sometimes forget how young Bielik is too.

Don’t know about a ‘charge up the table’ with the current squad but I think we’ll hold our own and have something to build on in the summer.

Much may depend on how content Rooney and one or two other senior players - Davies and Waghorn spring to mind - are to bring the youngsters through in the way you suggest and also how many outgoings (Bogle, Marriott, Lawrence and FloJo seem most likely) need some sort of replacement during the current window.

P.S. MkII, Adi? We’re on at least Mk IV aren’t we? Very sadly they all seem to have a ‘design fault’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-01-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA just when we thought nothing else could happen this season The trouble with our midfield is neither Rooney, Bird, Holmes or Knight are ball winners ,they are intercepters ,can't tackle. There was never any chance of top six anyway . You don't get in the playoffs with one away win and one headed goal all season From what I see I certainly can't say we're to good to go down Pretty certain we won't be making any expensive signings were broke What's happened to the investment then
    We are not broke, just perilously close to breaching FFP rules, hence the sale and leaseback of PP. So fresh investment will help long term, when we can shift some off the wage bill, but not in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not worried, mista, well not about football anyway...but I’m not defeatist either and prior to this latest set back I’d have said it wasn’t out of the question.
    There’s always one club who makes a late, second half of the season, dash for the line. Last year it was Villa and the year before...Fulham but look what’s happening/happened to both of them.
    I’d love us to be in the position that Wolves or the Blades are in now but it doesn’t seem likely any time soon. They deserve it and good luck to them but it is only football.

P.S. Knight against Charlton, MA. Not the ‘cleanest’ of headers it has to be said.
    RA world of difference between the Villa and Fulham squads than the one we have If anybody comes out of the pack this year it will be Boro or Reading Yes Knight our only header or was it the post

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Shinnie can tackle when fit. How far away from fitness is he?

Rooney, Bird, Holmes or Knight can't tackle? I've seen them all do exactly that. Rooney hasn't done a lot of it for us yet. Knight most certainly has done, Holmes does but not always that well. Bird, I agree with whoever wrote that.

With regard to incoming, noises from the club seem to indicate a CH and a wide player. The wide player might be Uwakwe from Chelsea as has been rumoured all over the place. However, he is expected to be the next best thing at Chelsea and we would have no chance of getting him permanently so, for me, the question is why would we go for another wide player who almost exclusively cuts inside? Centre Half? If we aren't going to sign a permanent one I'd settle for the two incumbent players with Wis and Foz as cover. At a push we also have Hudds......

One headed goal all season? When did we get that? I can't recall a single one.
    MA take you would be happy with any of those four playing DM then I saw Knights tackling first hand at Boro their lad Roberts shrug him of like a doll ,went into the penalty area and Clarke gives pen away. Rooney can do many things but wouldn't count tackling high up that list Bird an interceptor Holmes tries his best to win the ball but so often he's obviously out muscled All four are good players when w have the ball our problems start when the opposition have it

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA world of difference between the Villa and Fulham squads than the one we have If anybody comes out of the pack this year it will be Boro or Reading Yes Knight our only header or was it the post
    That’s the Championship, mista. Reckon anyone outside of the current bottom six could make a late run. Preston looked nailed on a couple of months ago but have fallen away badly since we beat them. Of the current ‘outsiders’ I fancy Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’s the Championship, mista. Reckon anyone outside of the current bottom six could make a late run. Preston looked nailed on a couple of months ago but have fallen away badly since we beat them. Of the current ‘outsiders’ I fancy Bristol City.
    Out of the current outsiders I fancy us. Shame about Bielik, I don't think we'll miss him as much we think. If we get the right players in and shift a few we should be OK. The team made 9 changes that played Crystal Palace so it shows we have the numbers and players to do the job! The difference will be Rooney who's a real leader, something we've not had for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Out of the current outsiders I fancy us. Shame about Bielik, I don't think we'll miss him as much we think. If we get the right players in and shift a few we should be OK. The team made 9 changes that played Crystal Palace so it shows we have the numbers and players to do the job! The difference will be Rooney who's a real leader, something we've not had for a number of years.
    MoP just keep your wallet shut ,there are enough rich bookies . 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    There you go, GP...I’m not the only optimist.
    Mind you, MoP believes in Boris’ Brexit too...so make of that what you will.

Odd bedfellows indeed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)