+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overseas players that played for Barnsley Fc

Overseas players that played for Barnsley Fc

"Excluding British and Irish" who would be in your starting eleven ?
    Heinz Muller
    Saidi Janko
    Dominik Werling
    Michael Solbauer
    Arjan de Zeeuwe
    Hugo Colace
    Anderson di Silva
    Dean Gorre
    Ricardo Vaz Te
    Jan Aga Fjortoft
    Thomas Cywka
    that would be a Top 6 Championship side at least ?

It's probably not the best but these players exciting me and played in teams I enjoyed watching .

--------------------- Muller -------------

Cavare - De Zeauw -Solbauer - Pinillos

----------------- Anderson De Silva -------

-------------Thiam --------- Bosancic ------

--------------------- Marcelle ---------------

----------------- Vaz Te -------------- Fjortoft

I think I’d go with that team animal with one change, Solbauer for Markstedt!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's probably not the best but these players exciting me and played in teams I enjoyed watching .

--------------------- Muller -------------

Cavare - De Zeauw -Solbauer - Pinillos

----------------- Anderson De Silva -------

-------------Thiam --------- Bosancic ------

--------------------- Marcelle ---------------

----------------- Vaz Te -------------- Fjortoft
    it's strange how time passes by so quickly , I'd completely forgot about Clint Marcelle (ashamed by that ) Jovo was a near neighbour and an absolute gentleman , it's a great selection you've picked Animal and there's still some to be added to them list's , it shows for me how decent we we're then and where we are now , have we ever had a Asian player ? I can't think of one , we've had many from most countries around the world , including Iran ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    it's strange how time passes by so quickly , I'd completely forgot about Clint Marcelle (ashamed by that ) Jovo was a near neighbour and an absolute gentleman , it's a great selection you've picked Animal and there's still some to be added to them list's , it shows for me how decent we we're then and where we are now , have we ever had a Asian player ? I can't think of one , we've had many from most countries around the world , including Iran ,,,
    I can't believe I didn't go with Dike up top instead of Fjortoft Roma .

I don't think many of us ? Saw Dike apart from clips/televised game's , we all knew about Fjortoft from playing against us and for us in real on the pitch time with a crowd as witness , I liked Deekay but overall and performance wise my choice would be Fjortoft , I would love to see someone like him at Oakwell now,

A few that ent bin mentioned but would certainly be knocking on the managers door-

Robin Van de Laan, Denis Souza, Daniel
    Bogdanovic, Istvan Ferenzi, Iain Hume, Andy Yiadom, Jason Scotland.

Nivver saw em laik but the Robledo bros' wo aif decent av herd!!

, have we ever had a Asian player ? I can't think of one , we've had many from most countries around the world , including Iran ,,,
    Michael Chopra is the closest I can think of Rome.

He was born in Gateshead to an Indian dad and British mam.

Football ez nivva tekken off in India so Neerav Parekh ed to come to Barnsley to make his dream a reality. FIFA has banned Indian football from international tournaments because of "undue interference from third parties".
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-11-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Michael Chopra is the closest I can think of Rome.

He was born in Gateshead to an Indian dad and British mam.

Football ez nivva tekken off in India so Neerav Parekh ed to come to Barnsley to make his dream a reality. FIFA has banned Indian football from international tournaments because of "undue interference from third parties".
    I liked Chopra allus looked lively and a goal threat , he wa fust Reds player ad heard get booed for scoring ,, didtha kno we were wunna fust clubs to ev a black player laik forrus ? Steve Mokone , a carnt rememba seein him missen , but ad heard onnim,

I liked Chopra allus looked lively and a goal threat , he wa fust Reds player ad heard get booed for scoring ,, didtha kno we were wunna fust clubs to ev a black player laik forrus ? Steve Mokone , a carnt rememba seein him missen , but ad heard onnim,
    Nicknamed "The Black Meteor" and "Kalamazoo", a black South African arrived in this country in mid 1950's but no mention of a connection wi Barnsley.

Thiam was our modern day "Black Meteor", as he flew down the wing with his arse blowing ten yards behind his body forming the "tail" of the meteor as it burnt up. (Or amma thinking abart comets ?)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-11-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast