+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t Notre-Dame on fire

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Tax breaks given on donations to aid the reconstruction.

1bn € raised!

Macron who has never lifted anything heavier than his grandmother wife let a lone a construction workers tool or apart from a construction workers tool has said that the work will be completed in 5 years time.
    He will be history himself by then.

Maybe he could enlist the help of all those yellow safety jacket people that’s been running around Paris. They look like builders

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He will be history himself by then.

Maybe he could enlist the help of all those yellow safety jacket people that’s been running around Paris. They look like builders
    He'll be the John Terry of poloticians. His photo will be everywhere.

He charges the 25€ every time they're not registered for a maifestation that they show up to. They'll use him as part of the foundation whether they need one or not.

They voted in a Rothschild banker and now they don't like him?

What exactly did they expect?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    "Rally round" is a meaningless political gesture just attempting to show solidarity. It does not mean in any way that EU money will be rebuilding Notre Dame.

The whole thing does seem totally overblown, it all appears completely replaceable/salvageable.

Of course I don't know it's accidental, but that is the most reasonable assumption, there's little incentive to maliciously target such a structure. I imagine your default assumption was that it Muslims/immigrants though. As soon as I heard there was construction it reminded me of the Grand Montets cable car fire last year also in France which was undergoing refurbishment and accidentally burnt down taking out one of the most important lifts serving Chamonix. These things do sadly happen when old wooden structures have work done.

Superb bit of backtracking.

Wriggle wriggle wriggle lol

Health and Safety in France is just about at the level og Britain in 2000. Every course you go on is an explination on who's responsible and how long you'll go to prison for. Or how long your boss will go to prison for.

I did a quote for a church here a few years ago and the hSE info came out with the tender. Of course I followed it. This included the safety fencing, the notices, the scaffolding needs pretty much everything that you'd expect as a minimum.

Following the tender actually cost me the job because there wasn't any fencing, or signage. The scaffolding was the type you'd expect to see someone use whilst cutting their hedges. There was no electricien toput in a temperary fuse bord or owt like that. I havd lost the job because I had followed rules.

They are getting better though!

They wanna rebuild their church? So what? Feck all to do with me.
    Make it bigger and stick a Starbucks in it as far as I’m concerned. Up to them what they wanna do.

It's not that great TBH, Sacré-Cœur is the nice one.

Anyone else think Macron is a slimy horrible tw@t?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Aren't all frogs?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast