+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I personally think there is a clue. The debt to HG needed to be paid on sale to Hardy as per the T&C's, that's the debt that almost scuppered Hardy taking over, it looks like it was further extended to the next owner for Hardy to take over. That has just been satisfied, if Hardy didn't have the cash to clear it then, he certainly doesn't now so that in itself signals to me the takeover is about to happen

Quite a few others have noticed this as well, CBP. Here's hoping !!!

I personally think there is a clue. The debt to HG needed to be paid on sale to Hardy as per the T&C's, that's the debt that almost scuppered Hardy taking over, it looks like it was further extended to the next owner for Hardy to take over. That has just been satisfied, if Hardy didn't have the cash to clear it then, he certainly doesn't now so that in itself signals to me the takeover is about to happen
    Good point. And https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...eople-contacts shows the involvement of the Greens though it looks as if that association is now at an end.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    If that's the case, are we to assume that the next potential owner has considerably more financial clout than AH did?

Also, I don't really believe in this "why would they buy Notts" line. When I see new owners pumping hundreds of millions into buying a bang average Premiership club, along with multi million pound transfers, to win nothing? Why wouldn't they aquire a L2 club for a fraction of the cost, spend a fraction of the money to push them through the leagues, then sell up when they get to the top flight for more money?
    If Hardy is to be believed (and that's a big IF!) One group had £900m in the account as proof of funds. Clearing away around £7-8m in debt for a clean state with those funds would be a drop in the ocean, especially as the interest would add up as I believe the loans from Paragon Leisure were at 4% interest.

I don't for one minute think they'd pump in £900m but for around £10m you could have a club with a championship stadium, debt free and have fresh investment into the team or a training ground. That's not a bad investment to set the foundations for a push up the leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Jim View Post
    In my experience charges are not automatically withdrawn once the debt is settled. The satisfied creditor has to take action to register the debt as satisfied. These debts may have been settled years ago and the administrator is now ensuring that the proper legal formalities have been completed to signify that, ie IMHO no real movement on the takeover front.
    What an ironic name you have 🤣

Between this, season tickets going on sale and Hardy reappearing on Twitter something definitely seems afoot. This is also the quietest Notts takeover I can remember. In all the others the parties were very public about who they were/what their plans were long before they actually took over (or didn't in some cases - Bhatia and Strang anyone?). This time it feels like we're not going to know who they are until it's announced.

I don't for one minute think they'd pump in £900m but for around £10m you could have a club with a championship stadium, debt free and have fresh investment into the team or a training ground. That's not a bad investment to set the foundations for a push up the leagues
    Hasn't Hardy stated that he's put £10m into Notts and look where it got him and Notts,he put his money.where his mouth.was and it failed miserably for all concerned,then there was Munto with their millions that was going to make us a Premiership club in five years and nearly put us out of existence

Well I'm not in contact with any sources of information so thanks all for this thread, it's really useful to me...forgive the optimism but it really looks like a deal is going through and our beloved Notts will financially live to fight another day...
    I agree that Notts is actually quite a good investment, we have a Championship stadium, a proud history and the best fans in the land, my family live in Harrogate indeed I grew up there after moving from Notts aged 3, Harrogate Town is tiny, makes FGR look like Wembley and its £18 to get in!! Someone has thrown money at Harrogate in an attempt to get them into League 2, for someone able to clean the slate, Notts looks a good bet.
    Now for matters on the pitch...lets bloody stay up!

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Hasn't Hardy stated that he's put £10m into Notts and look where it got him and Notts,he put his money.where his mouth.was and it failed miserably for all concerned,then there was Munto with their millions that was going to make us a Premiership club in five years and nearly put us out of existence
    It depends on what you invested in. He has without a doubt out spent money, but has he done it wisely? What do we have to show for it? Getting someone who can run a football club would help immensely, Hardy did that to begin with, he relied on Jason Turner quite a bit, then his ego took over and look where we are?

Agree CGP, I just want an owner with know-how and a bit of nouse not promises and unsustainable over investment.
    A well run club, imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Has he put £10m of his own money into the club OR has he put a large chunk of this onto the club debts ?

I don't know the answer to this question myself but there is no doubt like Trew before him he has gambled and lost.....BUT they are not alone in this.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast