+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida shooting 50 injured

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    come back woodland when some one in your family gets killed by a crazed troubled gunman-
    That's not very nice.
    The guy makes some pertinent points & he's living in the country.
    Go back to your bed & get out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    That's not very nice.
    The guy makes some pertinent points & he's living in the country.
    Go back to your bed & get out the other side.
    Sorry pal but that's the reality of allowing so many guns in the hands of people- most Americans I know, dont even know how many guns they own or even exactly where some of them are-

When someone close to you gets shot and killed by a crazy gunman- your view will change.

Woodland
    Love the Stanier Pacific photo! Good to hear you have a Claret soft spot and a Claret engine.

Valid points except West Midlands has the highest rate of gun crime in the UK at 19.3 per 100000 population Lancashire is 7, N Wales is only 2. As illegal possession is a crime here only 25% of these cause injury, and less than 5% of them cause serious injury and less than 0.5% cause death.
    http://researchbriefings.files.parli...4/CBP-7654.pdf

We do allow people to possess guns with a licence as you will know but not automatics or machine guns. There are very few mass shootings here. Donald Black at Dunblane being one I remember.
    I agree there are no votes in anti gun policies there as the gun lobby is so powerful in Congress and Presidential power is limited until that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Woodland
    Love the Stanier Pacific photo! Good to hear you have a Claret soft spot and a Claret engine.

Valid points except West Midlands has the highest rate of gun crime in the UK at 19.3 per 100000 population Lancashire is 7, N Wales is only 2. As illegal possession is a crime here only 25% of these cause injury, and less than 5% of them cause serious injury and less than 0.5% cause death.
    http://researchbriefings.files.parli...4/CBP-7654.pdf

We do allow people to possess guns with a licence as you will know but not automatics or machine guns. There are very few mass shootings here. Donald Black at Dunblane being one I remember.
    I agree there are no votes in anti gun policies there as the gun lobby is so powerful in Congress and Presidential power is limited until that changes.
    The Stainier Pacific more affectionately known as a Semi.. One of my fav engines when I was a crazy youth chasing train numbers all over the country..lol

Nobody will change the gun law in America, there are far too many powerful people against it ..
    like Exile says it won't be long before the next one happens.. Sad but true..

I wonder what drugs this one was on ? They all are, every single one of these murderous lunatics, but no one seems to notice that.

And if you're out of your mind and want to kill people, you'll find a way, gun laws or no gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Obama tried to some effect but congress stopped him.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ol-mass-shoot/
    So the President is powerless to do anything about it ? In which case, why ask what Trump will do ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Sorry pal but that's the reality of allowing so many guns in the hands of people- most Americans I know, dont even know how many guns they own or even exactly where some of them are-

When someone close to you gets shot and killed by a crazy gunman- your view will change.
    No way I'm defending USA's gun culture IDWT & neither is Woodland.
    The whole thing is an abomination.
    It's horrible news to wake up to this morning.
    The solution probably doesn't exist so it's bring on the next atrocity, it'll not be long away.

'Sad, very sad', as he'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The Stainier Pacific more affectionately known as a Semi.. One of my fav engines when I was a crazy youth chasing train numbers all over the country..lol

Nobody will change the gun law in America, there are far too many powerful people against it ..
    like Exile says it won't be long before the next one happens.. Sad but true..
    Oooooo Matron.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Oooooo Matron.
    Dont call the Matron or Alto will have you ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I wonder what drugs this one was on ? They all are, every single one of these murderous lunatics, but no one seems to notice that.

And if you're out of your mind and want to kill people, you'll find a way, gun laws or no gun laws.
    I've just checked the homicide figures.

In the UK there were 0.92 homicides per 100,000.

In the USA there were 4.88 homicides per 100,000.

Those figures are for ALL murders, not just murders by guns.

If you are trying to explain it away by saying that people in the USA are more than five times more likely to be "out of their minds and want to kill people" as people in the UK, then fair enough.

I think the much more logical reason is the gun laws in the two countries.

The Democrats are generally pro gun law reform. The Republicans are generally not - including Trump.

However, I think Trump must be realising that action must be taken. I would guess that he is considering giving guns to staff in schools, hospitals etc in order to "solve" the gun problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)