+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Tom Daley is having a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    The choice of being gay is personal and a person's right to make. But being gay is also accepting that for reasons that nature/God has made, that you accept that you cannot make kids. It's wrong to tip or change natural procreation laws just to suit your choice.
    I had you down as a rounded and well educated person Rom. Was I wrong? Choice? Gay males just don't fancy women. It's in their make up. It isn't a choice. They often fight their nature and many end up with deep psychologocal problems through not accepting who they are.

Can't make kids? I know a gay bloke who has 2 children by a gay mother. The kids live with their Mam and her other half but Chris is involved in bringing the kids up along with his husband. A lesbian couple across the road from me have 2 kids from the same father. Artificial insemination because the mother didn't want to have *** with a male....... so, yes, they can make kids.

Daley could quite easily have gone down the insemination route with a surrogate mother. He can afford the 20 grand or whatever it costs. Isn't it better for him to adopt an existing child and try to give it a good life than bringing a new child into the world when there are already so many needing a loving and caring home?

As for DCFCArmy, what an absolute bigot. 300 years ago people were imprisoned (it was called the workhouse but what's in a name) for being poor. They were little more than tools to be (mis)used by the rich. Little more than slaves and their life expectancy was 30 to 35 if they were lucky. Would you like to return to those days as well?

Look on the positive side, the more gay men there are, the less competition you have for a good woman.............

Don't see the problem, so long as they provide a safe / supporting home. Not everyone is blessed with growing up with a mum and dad.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I had you down as a rounded and well educated person Rom. Was I wrong? Choice? Gay males just don't fancy women. It's in their make up. It isn't a choice. They often fight their nature and many end up with deep psychologocal problems through not accepting who they are.

Can't make kids? I know a gay bloke who has 2 children by a gay mother. The kids live with their Mam and her other half but Chris is involved in bringing the kids up along with his husband. A lesbian couple across the road from me have 2 kids from the same father. Artificial insemination because the mother didn't want to have *** with a male....... so, yes, they can make kids.

Daley could quite easily have gone down the insemination route with a surrogate mother. He can afford the 20 grand or whatever it costs. Isn't it better for him to adopt an existing child and try to give it a good life than bringing a new child into the world when there are already so many needing a loving and caring home?

As for DCFCArmy, what an absolute bigot. 300 years ago people were imprisoned (it was called the workhouse but what's in a name) for being poor. They were little more than tools to be (mis)used by the rich. Little more than slaves and their life expectancy was 30 to 35 if they were lucky. Would you like to return to those days as well?

Look on the positive side, the more gay men there are, the less competition you have for a good woman.............
    Net of lesbians, that is, MA. I dont know the stats off the top of my head but I'd guess the impact is neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Don't see the problem, so long as they provide a safe / supporting home. Not everyone is blessed with growing up with a mum and dad.
    Nutshell...well put Adi.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Net of lesbians, that is, MA. I dont know the stats off the top of my head but I'd guess the impact is neutral.
    I could point to the stereotypical view of a lesbian not being a person that red blooded Heteros would give a second glance but that would be way too non-PC

Just had another thought about people who don't fit the "norm". In the past, we had witches burned at the stake, left handers were not tolerated etc. would the anti LGBT lobby on here also advocate bringing back witch hunts and lambasting the left handed etc?

actually i agree with persecution of left handers, especially if ginger

Please smash the glass for the emergency birch.

OK Rog, do you play cricket? If so, do you bat left or right handed? Golf? left or right handed swing?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    OK Rog, do you play cricket? If so, do you bat left or right handed? Golf? left or right handed swing?
    I thought of cricket, and recalled smashing a left hand opener passed the umpire 5 times in his 1st over. They should definitely be protected, unlike my stumps the next over.

right in both cases! my earlier remark does seem a bit Stokesist. In fact everything right - racket sports, handwriting, mousing, mast... ur maybe not mention that

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)