+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Yes, Bolton were poor. But they will get better as their match sharpness improves, they have some decent experienced players.

We did what we had to, after the first 10 minutes, and it was mainly by playing it out through midfield rather than longball. Osalunde looks a much better bet than Emmanuel (although as above he will get better with games) - he gave Hastie far too much room.

Great performances from Wiles, Crooks, Osalunde, good to see Mattock back.

The goals should give Ladapo some confidence.

Ain't it funny how we all see a game/players differently. Today I thought Crooks played a great Jekyll and Hyde character.
    Very poor in controlling the ball at times whilst he was that big tree in the middle that Bolton just couldn't get through or around.
    His air prowess was very good but he's far too casual and is becoming to look a lazy person.
    Last season he was on fire and played his game at a much higher tempo. His style of late makes him look a lazy player but his tackles are full on and well timed and committed. Chalk/cheese is how I would describe his game today.

Freddie looked very sharp and his twists and turns were sublime leaving their players floundering at times. Took his goals well shame the last effort clipped the crossbar. Morris partnered him very well and it was great to also see him bag a brace today.

Ben Wiles, this lad is going to command a very big fee sooner rather than later if he keeps performing like he did today. What a superb fantastic goal today, ala Gazza with the flick over and the follow up by fending off two other defenders before burying it. Well done young man.

I thought overall everyone contributed very well. Great to see Mattock back in at left back and he overlapped well with Hastie.

Bolton were very poor so hard to say how we'd fair against a top team but all that will be tested on Tuesday night.

3 points bagged and the goal difference improved so well done to Warne for going what looked more like a 4-4-2, we looked a better shape today.

Well the dogs happy tonight he didn't get his arse kicked ( only kidding) Gave a poor goal away we will not get away with that Tuesday but over the moon tonight.MOM Wiles.

We played well. Hard to judge the opposition. They have some decent players , but lacked match fitness and a togetherness. They will get better, and hopefully take points off a few of our rivals.
    Our flicks and touches mostly came off, it just needed that kick up the butt to wake us up. 10 points out of 18. We will get better as the players return from injuries

Don't be fooled by the result or the performance of our practice match V Bolton Wanderers this afternoon.

Bolton were the unfittest team I have ever seen take to a football field and I include the 70's when players used to have a fag at half time.

Apart from their number 17 who was the only decent footballer on show, Bolton were absolutely knackered.

However, even their woefully, unfit underprepared players made Crooks seem energetic..

What on earth has happened to him? He plays like a lethargic moody ****ager who would rather be pissing around on his playstation.

Here is my bold prediction. At some point in the season when Warne can no longer justify his place in the starting eleven, Warne will announce that Crooks has been playing with an injury all season.

That's the only explanation for his disinterested, pathetic displays.

I thought crooks was good up until 70 mins then he looked knackered. Wiles was man of the match for me created most of the chances and did a nice impression of Gaza with that goal. Icky looks a bit unreliable at the moment

You can only beat what’s put in front of you, so it’s a job well done against a poor side. They will get better as the season progresses. Two standout players for them, Thibaud Verlinden (17) the goal scorer and Liam Bridcutt (28).
    What an excellent goal for the equaliser from Ben Wiles, showed class and composure.
    Good to see both strikers score a couple. Game was over at 3-1, they showed very little up front from ten minutes in. Still a lot to do, onwards and upwards.
    My MotM was Carlton Morris.

Looking forward to the Stadium of Light Tuesday, bring it on.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 14-09-2019 at 08:06 PM.

The big difference this week to last week at Doncaster was Linsey and Crooks in central
    midfield, both wanted to dictate the play and boss the game unlike our midfield last week.
    Although as the game progressed,particularly after we were five up,Crooks became more
    casual and looked as though he just wanted to mess about and enjoy himself resulting in
    him giving the ball away so often.
    Hastie looks a tremendus find and looks as though theres much more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Don't be fooled by the result or the performance of our practice match V Bolton Wanderers this afternoon.

Bolton were the unfittest team I have ever seen take to a football field and I include the 70's when players used to have a fag at half time.

Apart from their number 17 who was the only decent footballer on show, Bolton were absolutely knackered.

However, even their woefully, unfit underprepared players made Crooks seem energetic..

What on earth has happened to him? He plays like a lethargic moody ****ager who would rather be pissing around on his playstation.

Here is my bold prediction. At some point in the season when Warne can no longer justify his place in the starting eleven, Warne will announce that Crooks has been playing with an injury all season.

That's the only explanation for his disinterested, pathetic displays.
    I was going to include in my post the fact that Crooks may be carrying an injury that has slowed his pace in a game. When you compare how mobile and energetic he was last season, I thought we'd bagged a great player who had loads to offer.
    You've now mentioned it in your reply so, we'll wait and see either way. Be a stupid thing to be doing if he is injured and not owning up to it.

Overall I came away from the match slightly disappointed. We should have scored more than we did and towards the end we just seemed to be playing as a set of individuals rather than as a team. Quite understandable really because that’s what Bolton played like all through the game and we got to 6 and became sloppy.

For me man of match was Wiles though the choice of Lapado was understandable. I too can’t see why some thought Crooks played well, for me he was a bit of a lump in midfield, often needing two or three touches to bring the ball under control and then over hitting passes. He seemed to pick up a knock after the 55 minute mark but Warne kept him on the pitch to the end.

Such was the score I expected Lamy to get a 15 minute run out, but no. I’m struggling to think of better game positions to try him out.

Our defensive frailties popped up from time to time and Bolton could have had more than a single goal. Iverson did well saving one with his legs which inexplicably the ref gave a goal kick for.

A good showing by the Bolton fans, but I think ours had fallen asleep in the sun. A packed away end but oddly there was no “alternative exit strategy” of a stroll around the council offices.

Nice to see us score a few goals but sterner tests are to come.

If the Bolton lot can gel then they might still avoid the drop.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast