+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKIN NEWS Prem clubs vote to end summer window early

BREAKIN NEWS Prem clubs vote to end summer window early

The summer transfer window in 2018 will close the Thursday before the season starts.No doubt the EFL will follow suit,a good move in my opinion.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    All the info that was needed was in the op Agnes wasn't it? UTCB

Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Good news.
    Yes i agree it's good but it'll still be manic on the final day of the window,that said at least once the season starts clubs will know that's it till the followin January.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    The summer transfer window in 2018 will close the Thursday before the season starts.No doubt the EFL will follow suit,a good move in my opinion.UTCB
    The only downside I can see from this is if, as is usually the case, the EFL start their season a week earlier. That could cause problems if the PL clubs haven't finalised their squads before their cut off date. Perhaps the EFL will vote for the same date (which will create a very manic five days) or the Thursday before the EFL season starts (and miss out on possible PL loan opportunities). It could be fun! Or a complete shambles!

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Yes i agree it's good but it'll still be manic on the final day of the window,that said at least once the season starts clubs will know that's it till the followin January.UTCB
    That's always going to be the case, but at least once the season starts teams can concentrate on training, playing and winning instead of still settling in four games into the season.

Even better, get rid of the transfer window completely, but make it so that players can only have one move a season.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    The only downside I can see from this is if, as is usually the case, the EFL start their season a week earlier. That could cause problems if the PL clubs haven't finalised their squads before their cut off date. Perhaps the EFL will vote for the same date (which will create a very manic five days) or the Thursday before the EFL season starts (and miss out on possible PL loan opportunities). It could be fun! Or a complete shambles!
    Why do ya always look for the negatives Ronaldo? I don't know why they have different start days anyway.UTCB

Can we now get rid of the FAX machine?

Common sense says all the windows should be brought into line, but unfortunately common sense never comes into it regarding the EFL clubs. It's all down to Sky, BT and the BBC.

They want to bang the drum and make the new Premier season an 'event' excluding all others. It really dicks me off how much they all seem to disregard as irrelevant fans of other clubs in the build-up to the new season, especially when a lot of those clubs have a bigger fan-base than dine teams in the Premiership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast