+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang them high

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Lower Falls, 57 hmmm. Used you drink in the Wee Bank and know Jimmy "Pidgeon" from Albert Street? He was a great pal of my cousin, may still be for all I know. Went on a lost weekend with them back in the 90s

know the wee bank well........although I was a pound loney club man myself.........I lived a stone throw away from Albert street

the name jimmy Pigeon rings a bell......but i cnat put a face to him at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    Aye, cos they had a great rep!

From Irish sources.......................

"Well before the first ceasefire in 1994, the Provisional IRA had stamped its authority on the Dublin drugs gangs and had a working relationship with both the Hutch and Kinahan cartels. The Dublin IRA was, in fact, the main 'fundraising' wing of the organisation.
    Drugs money was, along with subventions running into hundreds of millions of euros/Pounds from the Irish and British governments, made the Provisional Republican movement the richest political group in the two jurisdictions."

"At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs."

They were drug traffickers, their top man made millions from it.
    This is the second time you've C&P this still doesn't make it true. " Irish sources" what sources ? During their active service years the Provisional IRA were Not involved in the drugs trade ! anyone who knows anything about the history of the troubles knows the IRA were very anti Drugs. Stories planted in the Telegraph et al about about some ridiculous link between Columbia drugs cartel and the IRA where proved totally untrue. Now the story you keep C&P.ing is about some ex IRA people who may or may not be involved in the Dublin crime scene, You called me "naive" do you really think the British state propaganda machine was not cranked up fully during the troubles ? perhaps you actually believe everything you read it the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    This is the second time you've C&P this still doesn't make it true. " Irish sources" what sources ? During their active service years the Provisional IRA were Not involved in the drugs trade ! anyone who knows anything about the history of the troubles knows the IRA were very anti Drugs. Stories planted in the Telegraph et al about about some ridiculous link between Columbia drugs cartel and the IRA where proved totally untrue. Now the story you keep C&P.ing is about some ex IRA people who may or may not be involved in the Dublin crime scene, You called me "naive" do you really think the British state propaganda machine was not cranked up fully during the troubles ? perhaps you actually believe everything you read it the papers.
    Stewy the IRA made millions from drugs, you claiming otherwise won't change that, you claim its British propaganda, yet expect us to believe the word of the likes of Gerry Adams who still wont admit being in the IRA, the man who gave the nod for the Jean McConville killing yet you believe his lies, the fallacy that the IRA (and even the loyalists), were morally opposed to drug dealing is preposterous, dozens of their members have been jailed or murdered over the years for drugs, they used the smuggling routes for their arms to also smuggle drugs in through Ireland and into the UK, they were happy to flood the UK mainland with drugs and controlled that lucrative market. Dublin has had a terrible heroin problem for decades, who do ou think controls the drug routes in and out of Dublin?

The loyalists were most certainly the front runners in the drug scene in Belfast and NI, but the provos had the smuggling routes in from the South and were far more proficient.

The story I linked is from the Irish Independent and is accurate, the provos may have ended their violent campaign against the brits, but they are still very much in the money making business, you talk about the IRA like they have gone away which is patently nonsense.

Your problem is you see the IRA through dewy eyes, you see how they took on the British establishment and regardless of how they went about it, you are envious because its what you want for Scotland, your claim that the Brits wanted to "blacken the name" of the IRA is farcical, nearly 2000 victims murdered yet you think being accused of drug dealing is worse! lol

The UK media did try to portray the IRA as no more than a criminal gang when they were far more professional, however they used every conceivable method to raise funds to pay for the weapons and foot soldiers under their control and drug dealing was one of those methods.

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    and with that statement you imply that loyalists never blew up innocent children
    That certainly wasn't my intention, the implication was that it's a bit daft trying to 'criminalise' known mass murderers by saying that they deal drugs.

What next, H1tler was nicking sweeties from his local shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    That certainly wasn't my intention, the implication was that it's a bit daft trying to 'criminalise' known mass murderers by saying that they deal drugs.

What next, H1tler was nicking sweeties from his local shop?
    Careful now, don't want to blacken the name of those fine upstanding members of the community now do we?

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    know the wee bank well........although I was a pound loney club man myself.........I lived a stone throw away from Albert street

the name jimmy Pigeon rings a bell......but i cnat put a face to him at all
    Years since I met him - think Jimmy Linden was his real name - but of course he was a pigeon fancier too. Low size, stocky, droopy black tash I think, about 60 now. Didn't like fitba but loved the gargle and racing pigeons.
    It was all a bit of an adventure for us over on the ferry at the time

Is rolf still greeting about the IRA not paying their taxes

But you'd have thought after their experiences in Ulster, the Britnat fascists would have stayed well away from similar conflicts. Nope, they had to go into Iraq and Afghanistan and suffer similar humiliation. At least they're now being smart and using £100k missiles to kill people 7000 miles away, meanwhile, large sections of the UK population starve.

Aye, cos they had a great rep!

From Irish sources.......................

"Well before the first ceasefire in 1994, the Provisional IRA had stamped its authority on the Dublin drugs gangs and had a working relationship with both the Hutch and Kinahan cartels. The Dublin IRA was, in fact, the main 'fundraising' wing of the organisation.
    Drugs money was, along with subventions running into hundreds of millions of euros/Pounds from the Irish and British governments, made the Provisional Republican movement the richest political group in the two jurisdictions."

"At one point, the IRA in Dublin was the main conduit for cocaine and heroin into the city, working on behalf of both major gangs."

They were drug traffickers, their top man made millions from it.
    Care to name who the top man in the IRA that made millions from drugs actually was rolf?
    Doesn't it strike you as a tad strange that (according to the article you're so fond of quoting) both competing drug gangs allegedly had the same people working for them?
    Using guns, trafficking drugs and making millions of pounds tends to polarise people - I find it implausible that they'd have played both sides.
    Was this a contemporaneous article that you're quoting from or was it written many years after the facts

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Care to name who the top man in the IRA that made millions from drugs actually was rolf?
    Doesn't it strike you as a tad strange that (according to the article you're so fond of quoting) both competing drug gangs allegedly had the same people working for them?
    Using guns, trafficking drugs and making millions of pounds tends to polarise people - I find it implausible that they'd have played both sides.
    Was this a contemporaneous article that you're quoting from or was it written many years after the facts
    Look I've already apologised for ripping the pish out of you, I honestly didn't know about your condition, I thought you were another @rsehole at the phanny, but now I know your a genuine soft lad, I have given you the link three times to the article, so please go get someone to read it to you to mend your frustration.

Stewy the IRA made millions from drugs, you claiming otherwise won't change that, you claim its British propaganda, yet expect us to believe the word of the likes of Gerry Adams who still wont admit being in the IRA, the man who gave the nod for the Jean McConville killing yet you believe his lies, the fallacy that the IRA (and even the loyalists), were morally opposed to drug dealing is preposterous, dozens of their members have been jailed or murdered over the years for drugs, they used the smuggling routes for their arms to also smuggle drugs in through Ireland and into the UK, they were happy to flood the UK mainland with drugs and controlled that lucrative market. Dublin has had a terrible heroin problem for decades, who do ou think controls the drug routes in and out of Dublin?

The loyalists were most certainly the front runners in the drug scene in Belfast and NI, but the provos had the smuggling routes in from the South and were far more proficient.

The story I linked is from the Irish Independent and is accurate, the provos may have ended their violent campaign against the brits, but they are still very much in the money making business, you talk about the IRA like they have gone away which is patently nonsense.

Your problem is you see the IRA through dewy eyes, you see how they took on the British establishment and regardless of how they went about it, you are envious because its what you want for Scotland, your claim that the Brits wanted to "blacken the name" of the IRA is farcical, nearly 2000 victims murdered yet you think being accused of drug dealing is worse! lol

The UK media did try to portray the IRA as no more than a criminal gang when they were far more professional, however they used every conceivable method to raise funds to pay for the weapons and foot soldiers under their control and drug dealing was one of those methods.
    One man's freedom fighter another Man's terrorist I suppose. Im certainly not "dewy eyed" about the IRA but I try my best to be objective, To me there are no rights and wrongs ..only wrongs and to try and pin-point the actual cause of the troubles is nigh on impossible . But if forced to I'd say British Imperialism would be a good bet as its caused death tragedy and conflict all over the world. And there actually are some who have no shame no embarrassment and are indeed "dewy Eyed about the Empire.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)