+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Bring on the Morton at Home

I missed the last Morton home game due to work, but was able to watch it on Arabzone, and i cant remember how many times i have watched the goals from that game. I expect a different game this time with the players having an eye on the game on Tuesday. Back four as usual, but expect changes in midfield.

Siegrist,
    Smith, Watson, Connolly, Robson,
    Powers, Harkes,
    McMullan, Glass, Appere,
    Shankland.

Looking forward to this.

As an aside, the magic 72 points required to win the league cannot be achieved by Alloa, Partick, Arbroath and Dunfermline. Morton and QotS are 1/2 games away from not being able to achieve that total, with Dundee and Ayr a couple of weeks away from that.

I will not mention anything about what we require!

Butcher is a must start, powers for butcher please

Powers for Harkes for me. Good game for Glass to start. Let's see what he's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Powers for Harkes for me. Good game for Glass to start. Let's see what he's all about.
    Harkes played well and assisted for Shanks goal on Sunday night, it'd be harsh to drop him I think.

Possible method in the OP's madness in resting Butcher. Keep him for the cup tie. Either way, would like to see Powers get some more minutes. Very impressed with guy, other than the fact he reminds me of Darren Dods somewhat. 😂

F uck the cup mate, lets get this league wound up pronto! Ayr playing ICT so we could potentially be 20 points clear

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Harkes played well and assisted for Shanks goal on Sunday night, it'd be harsh to drop him I think.
    Harkes was pretty poor the other night with the Shankland pass the only good thing he did. Im sure one of the show off back heels he tried actually led to the breakaway for Boyles goal.

tHeArAb, yes resting Butcher as i think he may still be carrying an injury and for the first time in a while, i want to see our strongest team up against Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    F uck the cup mate, lets get this league wound up pronto! Ayr playing ICT so we could potentially be 20 points clear
    Get your point mate, but I enjoy the cup. The league is pretty much over for me and we don't need Butcher to beat Morton. ****, our tombola team gave them 6 not so long ago. Beat Hibs and we're pretty much one win away from a Hampden day out!! A cup run would be nice to look forward to once the league is wound up.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Get your point mate, but I enjoy the cup. The league is pretty much over for me and we don't need Butcher to beat Morton. ****, our tombola team gave them 6 not so long ago. Beat Hibs and we're pretty much one win away from a Hampden day out!! A cup run would be nice to look forward to once the league is wound up.
    True but selfishly i the butcher and want see him start every game mate

Please don't think we can start affording to leave players out. At the Morton away game last month we were whistling for the referee to blow the final whistle, we were hanging on in a hoolie. The 6-0 game at the end of September we were gifted two goals in the first 5 minutes which put us on easy street. Morton will be trying like tigers and I'll take 1-0 and 3 points right now with our strongest starting XI. The rest of the league raises their game against us so we can't afford to go easy, far from it. Yeah we have a cavernous lead but I'm still waiting for the brilliance tbh.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)