+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: OT: Jezzer turns his back on the referendum result

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Do you care what’s the Guardian says about anything?
    Why Britons voted to leave the EU
    http://johnpilger.com/articles/why-t...d-no-to-europe

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    It's spot on that and it has come from a Former Daily Mirror man and anti establishment apologist.

John Richard Pilger (/ˈpɪldʒər/ born 9 October 1939[1][2]) is an Australian journalist and documentary film maker based in the United Kingdom since 1962.[3][4][5]

Pilger has been a strong critic of American, Australian and British foreign policy, which he considers to be driven by an imperialist agenda. Pilger has also criticised his native country's treatment of Indigenous Australians.

Aside from my concern when anyone tries to be an authority on why millions of different people voted for anything, Pilger’s views were last relevant when Harold Wilson was prime minister.

He’s criticising Corbyn for being too moderate!

Aside from my concern when anyone tries to be an authority on why millions of different people voted for anything, Pilger’s views were last relevant when Harold Wilson was prime minister.

He’s criticising Corbyn for being too moderate!

he's giving an opinion !! You have no interest or opinion for the reasons why people voted leave then.. I voted remain BTW.

he's giving an opinion !! You have no interest or opinion for the reasons why people voted leave then.. I voted remain BTW.
    Absolutely I do. But only when the reasons are being sought by competent pollsters asking a decently sized, representative sample of the population. Not an old lefty dinosaur ideologue.

When people are asked, it usually comes down to a variation of the fact that they’ve been lied to about immigration for the last 40 years.

Absolutely I do. But only when the reasons are being sought by competent pollsters asking a decently sized, representative sample of the population. Not an old lefty dinosaur ideologue.

When people are asked, it usually comes down to a variation of the fact that they’ve been lied to about immigration for the last 40 years.
    You mean it's only ok when they ask people with the same view as yours then?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You mean it's only ok when they ask people with the same view as yours then?
    Not sure whether that’s another example of your sparkling sense of humour, but that’s pretty much the opposite of what I meant.

That's a poor and simplistic answer that I think just isn't correct and not the reason my wife and son voted leave.

Though I voted remain some of my good friends who voted remain are just as described in the JP article, still stamping there foot in a big sulk over it as if..."how could these oiks be allowed to vote" attitude.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819