+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 320 of 421 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I was having a look at a Hibs fans forum and found a future Edinburgh happy clapper

Originally Posted by neil7908:
    All very true and this must be no. 1 on the list for the new owner. We won't consistently finish ahead of Aberdeen if we can't match them for wages.
    Exactly this. If we don’t compete with Aberdeen financially, we’ll struggle to compete on the pitch. Also think they have the best manager in the league

Best manager in the league
    loser talk

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    loser talk
    Exactly. I was very surprised he was rated by fans of other teams. I generally look at managers of teams in our league and see how they do against Celtic in particular. S.Clarke was for me the best manager last season in the league out with the Celtic manager as he turned Kilmarnock from a relegation mob to a decent side who even Celtic had difficulties with. He deserved the Scotland job.
    I honestly would like McInnes to try and be more positive against Celtic especially as we get into the new season. Negative football cost us to drop a few places further down the league. Let’s try and be an attacking team and see where it takes us.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 15-07-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Good to see the new training facilities are attracting players to the club already

"He (McInnes) spent the whole day with me. We talked about football and other things and he touched something in me.

I’m really happy to be here. I’ve been here since this morning but it all feels real now.

It’s a big relief and the pressure is off my shoulders now. I’m officially an Aberdeen player.

All the effort Aberdeen put in. I did research online and spoke to certain players.

I didn’t want to come up at first based on what people told me and that’s a lesson I’ve learned now. I’m 27 but I’m still learning.

You have to see for yourself and get your own impression and when I came up I spoke to the gaffer and Russ Richardson (head of recruitment).

I saw the city and how big the club is and thought this is the right step for me at this stage of my career.

The training ground was impressive. I’ve been to some nice training grounds but this one is new and all the technology is going to be state of the art."

Best manager in the league
    Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    So do some on here!
    Out of interest, who do you guys think is the best manager in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    Good to see the new training facilities are attracting players to the club already

"He (McInnes) spent the whole day with me. We talked about football and other things and he touched something in me.

I’m really happy to be here. I’ve been here since this morning but it all feels real now... [/B]"
    You missed the bit where he reminds us that he is a footballer.

Hopefully, this boy is a star performer for us but I'm a little concerned about his attitude and how it will affect the dressing room

Exactly. I was very surprised he was rated by fans of other teams. I generally look at managers of teams in our league and see how they do against Celtic in particular. S.Clarke was for me the best manager last season in the league out with the Celtic manager as he turned Kilmarnock from a relegation mob to a decent side who even Celtic had difficulties with. He deserved the Scotland job.
    I honestly would like McInnes to try and be more positive against Celtic especially as we get into the new season. Negative football cost us to drop a few places further down the league. Let’s try and be an attacking team and see where it takes us.
    The same Steve Clarke that couldn't beat Aberdeen, other when that big beaked c**t Craig Thomson cheated on their behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The same Steve Clarke that couldn't beat Aberdeen, other when that big beaked c**t Craig Thomson cheated on their behalf?
    You have a point (I always referred Clarke to be McInnes's b!tch ), but to be fair, Steve Clarke had a phenomenal 18 months turning Kilmarnock around on the budget they had.
    I'd accept that Clarke showed in his time here to be a better manager than McInnes (certainly over the same period), although there will always remain a question how sustained it could have been with the changes they've already had.
    It'll be interesting to see how their new manager Alessio gets on.

It remains a valid question though, who is now the best manager in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He did beat us in league position during his first full season attempt. And with a lower budget

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You have a point (I always referred Clarke to be McInnes's b!tch ), but to be fair, Steve Clarke had a phenomenal 18 months turning Kilmarnock around on the budget they had.
    I'd accept that Clarke showed in his time here to be a better manager than McInnes (certainly over the same period), although there will always remain a question how sustained it could have been with the changes they've already had.
    It'll be interesting to see how their new manager Alessio gets on.

It remains a valid question though, who is now the best manager in the league?
    Obviously Neil Lennon. No one currently comes close. Trust me when I say that I wish it was McInnes.

Aye, there are a couple of funny things about him. I can see him having a cracking couple of months then completely upsetting the applecart and demanding a move to one of the gruesome twosome

Page 320 of 421 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast