+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    My assumption, was wins against Morton, Arbroath, then Alloa, would set up a game against ICT, that, should we win, would see our lead (basically) unassailable, however, we’ve already passed up two of those three points, so requires those (hopeful) wins, plus another a game, before we can get complacent, however, should ICT win, then throws everything back in the melting pot!!

There is no melting pot, none of those teams are good enough to accumulate the points they will require to better what we will finish on, and that's if we were to go into a very average run of form in the last 14 games (say 5 wins 5 draws 4 defeats we'd still finish 1st imo)... However I don't see that happening, we will still drop pts here or there but RN knows what is required to get over the line from his previous experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    There is no melting pot, none of those teams are good enough to accumulate the points they will require to better what we will finish on, and that's if we were to go into a very average run of form in the last 14 games (say 5 wins 5 draws 4 defeats we'd still finish 1st imo)... However I don't see that happening, we will still drop pts here or there but RN knows what is required to get over the line from his previous experience.
    Despite what my heart says, my head soon engages and considers that you dont have to look much further than our own team to see a winter meltdown is very much the norm at Tannadice. Then you look up the road to see a team who had a cracking lead that went on to spectacularly capitulate.

For 72 points, we need a draw and 6 wins, or 7 wins to get the 24 wins. We have to play Arbroath, Alloa, Dunfermline, ICT and Ayr twice, and if the cup run tombola is out at any time for those games, im sure you will still be on here trying to be positive for next seasons push for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He just seems to get so many chances. It's frustrating. Guys like Appere, Glass & Mochrie come into the team and look bright & lively. Sow looks laboured and uninterested half the time. 1 goal in his entire Utd career. I really really want the guy to do well, Pawlett too, but there's gotta come a time when you stop give him these guys free hits.

Fair enough but I actually thought he did look lively today and played well, linked well early on with Shankland and won a few headers. Maybe its a perception from last season, he was poor and never fit/injury prone (I don't actually think he was as bad as some people think but he was still poor). For balance, Apperre never got past his full back first half, put in some poor balls, and came inside on just about every occasion. Plus its Sows first start since coming back! So its not like he has just walked into the team, Smith and Glass are injured, cammy smith away. Apperre is a regular, and mochrie 16 and plays a different position.

Whether he disrupts the pattern of team I don't know, as you can only really play him up alongside shankland, and I am far from convinced about him, but the poor performances of wide men, and not having someone to driving forward and creating from centre of the park was a bigger problem for me today.

Chances are he will get an injury sooner rather than later anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Despite what my heart says, my head soon engages and considers that you dont have to look much further than our own team to see a winter meltdown is very much the norm at Tannadice. Then you look up the road to see a team who had a cracking lead that went on to spectacularly capitulate.

For 72 points, we need a draw and 6 wins, or 7 wins to get the 24 wins. We have to play Arbroath, Alloa, Dunfermline, ICT and Ayr twice, and if the cup run tombola is out at any time for those games, im sure you will still be on here trying to be positive for next seasons push for promotion.

The average form above 5 wins 5 draws 4 losses would see us on 73....Personally think we are more likely to get to 80.. I'm not being positive, I'm being realistic, there is no team good enough to get the pts required to beat the total we'd have if in the unlikely event we did take a random nose dive, but we won't, there is nothing to suggest we would this season

We are not dundee, they had a 12 point lead but the Inverness side back then had games in hand and were the best side in the division anyway... We are the best side in this division and have an 18 point lead with a manager who knows how to win this league while having a big lead.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Ahh Oor Robbie Scotlands first recognised free mason.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    When RN called it v hibs. “Need to start looking towards next season” unless he was doing a fkn cryptic crossword that meant spl. Or are you like so many of your MATES doubting it?
    So cos RN said we need to ‘start looking towards next season’ that means the leagues in the bag? Sorry but is it f uck. What kind of explanation is that meant to be??? Either you’re totally f ucking at it tonight or you’re totally f ucking steaming. Think me and my MATES as you call them quite rightly disagree with absolutely everything you say

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Eh?
    i asked him about that and he ignored it

Todays game really messed up my line at Opap betting, but thats how it is.

The pleasing thing was to get a 90th min equaliser.

In past years the team would/may have capitulated and got nothing from the game or even a humping, but they kept at it for a point.

Thats a marked change in attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Fair enough but I actually thought he did look lively today and played well, linked well early on with Shankland and won a few headers. Maybe its a perception from last season, he was poor and never fit/injury prone (I don't actually think he was as bad as some people think but he was still poor). For balance, Apperre never got past his full back first half, put in some poor balls, and came inside on just about every occasion. Plus its Sows first start since coming back! So its not like he has just walked into the team, Smith and Glass are injured, cammy smith away. Apperre is a regular, and mochrie 16 and plays a different position.

Whether he disrupts the pattern of team I don't know, as you can only really play him up alongside shankland, and I am far from convinced about him, but the poor performances of wide men, and not having someone to driving forward and creating from centre of the park was a bigger problem for me today.

Chances are he will get an injury sooner rather than later anyway.
    That's pretty much all he does tho, links up play.
    On Apperre, he's not a winger imo. He's been deployed in that position after Neilson binned him from the second striker role for Clark that he played so well at the start of the season. Neilson plays him on the left so he's always gonna cut inside and we're never gonna have decent service to the strikers that an out & out left sided winger would provide.
    The Mochris & Glass comment was just in regards to how bright and lively they've looked when they came into the team.
    I want Sow to do well, I really do, but he's had too many chances now.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Eh?
    You wished us a happy burns night i commented whats to think about?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)