+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Hughes value? Time to sell?

Will Hughes value? Time to sell?

Watching the majority of games this season I have to say that in my opinion Will Hughes has not been the player we all expected him to be of late. I thought he was very poor yesterday and his passing was very poor at times and he seems much less affective now teams have cottoned on to him and mark him out of the game. He isn't scoring goals and lately he has not really created that much either. Is this going to affect his value? What is his value? And at the the moment all he seems to be is potential and is not really having a big affect on games. Personally if we can get half of the 15 million that some seem to think he is worth them I would let him go in a shot. This is of course my opinion and is open for debate and discussion and other people will no doubt think differently to me.

So what do you think guys? Is he really the player we all want him to be? Would selling him now give us chance to strengthen the team or would we be weakened?

re: Will Hughes value? Time to sell?

Apparently its been said on here hes gone to Liverpool for £7m and its a done deal. Would seem odd that the window opened yesterday and hes still with us and nothing has been announced if that were the case???

I've stated before I struggle to see anything wonderous in him than a level headed steady 18 year old learninghis trade and being allowed to.

Will we get silly money? I doubt it. For that it has to be one of the big boys. I cant see any other team putting out big money as they would need him to go straigh in and perform in the PL. Even peiople in and around the club are saying hes not ready for that yet.

Maybe someone will take a punt on potential but outside the big boys it would be unlikely to be more than a few million.

Looking at him realistically is he out this world and a game changer putting in amazing performances that catch everyones eye week in week out. for me no far from it and I would expect he will still be with us in February.

To be honest I am expecting more interest in Bryson in January, he is creating goals, scoring goals, breaking up play, covers every inch of the pitch and is in his prime. If I had to either sell Hughes to keep Bryson or sell Bryson to keep Hughes and 6 million was on the table for both then I would sell Hughes. In reality we will possibly end up losing both if we don't go up this season and Hughes will probably go for more than double what Bryson does. It's a strange game at times and young English players playing at this level always go for much more than they are worth. For me I can't say either way if Hughes is going to go on to be a Walcott or Chamberlain or if he will end up like Conor Wickham and I think the top teams are going to want to see a bit more from him before they splash the cash.

I'm with you I've said the same for a long time on here. Bryson is a kingpin in the side. We lose him we will lose traction unless we get someone excellent in to replace him and then who has an engine like him?

Opinion on Hughes does seem to be losing pace generally rather than gathering. I dont know but is that a sign og reality setting in?

He's cream knackered, wish we'd give the lad a rest and play Hendrick or even Ciise. It's amazing the hype surrounding Will, but just don't see how he's rated so highly by some folk - especially the media.

10, 12 million? Not a chance in hell. He's good, but I'd be most disappointed losing Bryson for the supposed 750k clause.

You are so right and always have been Ratty

Quote Originally Posted by entersandman86
    He's cream knackered, wish we'd give the lad a rest and play Hendrick or even Ciise. It's amazing the hype surrounding Will, but just don't see how he's rated so highly by some folk - especially the media.

10, 12 million? Not a chance in hell. He's good, but I'd be most disappointed losing Bryson for the supposed 750k clause.
    That could also be a reason why he isn't performing of late. I have said before that Hendrick should start more and rest Will but I wasn't impressed with Hendrick yesterday either when he came on.

He should stay with us and develop further.

Seems there is a deal - view external link

We have an agreement in place with Liverpool and fee was agreed.

That I know for sure.

That I was told 3 months ago and mentioned it on here

This week it was reported in several national newspapers that Liverpool have first refusal.. Coincidence.. I think not

Now I don't give a toss who believes me and who doesn't. Track record says my source is good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)