+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dundee announce £354000 loss

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    We’re a more successful amalgamation club than ICT!
    Tim Keyes is an investor who wont like losing money, looks like he has invested 1.2million since he has been in charge, covering the losses, more shares purchased now which dilutes others...

Key to all this is the new stadium which eould recoup his losses and more, the club and fans would get the benefit of a shiny new stadium but the biggest winner would be the Keyes family.....

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    You can do basic arithmetic I take it,
    Just stating a fact.

When Moussa goes we’ll be well in the black.

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Tim Keyes is an investor who wont like losing money, looks like he has invested 1.2million since he has been in charge, covering the losses, more shares purchased now which dilutes others...

Key to all this is the new stadium which eould recoup his losses and more, the club and fans would get the benefit of a shiny new stadium but the biggest winner would be the Keyes family.....
    Tim Keyes is an investor who has consistently lost money. Thankfully his father has plenty to write off losses against and protects the family name.

Daily record scaremongering .
    Just been giving a TELT fae the board

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You will never get a true amalgamation.

For me to be able to square it with myself it would have to be an amalgamation in name only and really a takeover....that would obviously be unacceptable to most dabs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Inverness not the most successful amalgamation in British football.....and if ICT is success then really to quote mixu what's the ****ing point.

Agreed! Few passionate supporters want an amalgamation. Tribalism and pride dominate the issue. From a financial standpoint, the 'A' word makes sense and as we have seen all too often it's the filthy lucre which dictates matters. Amalgamation is kept at bay either by success at one or both clubs, showing it is unattractive and unnecessary, or by the real danger of alienating many or most of the people whom the survival of the clubs depends on, i.e. the respective fans. Either by reality or design, both of the City's clubs are struggling financially, a situation which appears to have only a more depressing future. Any amalgamation would have to be sold as something else, e.g. a takeover, and an inevitability to ensure survival of 'both' clubs. I'm sure you are far from being alone (from both sets of supporters) in having a desire to write the epitaph on your rivals tombstone. The survival of both clubs therefore has to be a key ingredient. In other words the city either has one club or none.

At Inverness, who went from two separate 'Highland League' teams to a Premier side (finishing 3rd once and winning the Scottish Cup) in a short space of time, they have failed to unite a large portion of the city's football following, manly because of the emotional rejection of amalgamation. Inverness is a city of 50,000+ inhabitants with a considerable surrounding catchment area, yet they average less than 4,000 fans at home games. On the other hand Ross County, average over 4,000 fans, yet Dingwall is a small town of 5,000+ inhabitants. Do many of RC's following hail from Inverness and have chosen RC rather than the amalgamated city club to follow?

If the Shed achieve their 'apparent' ambition of not getting promoted this season, then what? There will be few players left at Tanny anyway. What have the Shed then to offer the Dehs? Basically a stadium........just a stadium. What are the Dehs looking into? A stadium! I doubt if any one of our then remaining players would walk into the Deh (or amalgamated) squad. Maybe 2 or 3 for 'political' reasons, but in effect, despite the Dehs being bottom feeding strugglers, the Shed playing pool currently has little to offer them.

One club provides a ground to play at (little or no expense). The other club provides a team, which can be built on. The remaining ground can be sold to strengthen the team, pay off debts, strengthen the team, etc.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 03-03-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Agreed! Few passionate supporters want an amalgamation. Tribalism and pride dominate the issue. From a financial standpoint, the 'A' word makes sense and as we have seen all too often it's the filthy lucre which dictates matters. Amalgamation is kept at bay either by success at one or both clubs, showing it is unattractive and unnecessary, or by the real danger of alienating many or most of the people whom the survival of the clubs depends on, i.e. the respective fans. Either by reality or design, both of the City's clubs are struggling financially, a situation which appears to have only a more depressing future. Any amalgamation would have to be sold as something else, e.g. a takeover, and an inevitability to ensure survival of 'both' clubs. I'm sure you are far from being alone (from both sets of supporters) in having a desire to write the epitaph on your rivals tombstone. The survival of both clubs therefore has to be a key ingredient. In other words the city either has one club or none.

At Inverness, who went from two separate 'Highland League' teams to a Premier side (finishing 3rd once and winning the Scottish Cup) in a short space of time, they have failed to unite a large portion of the city's football following, manly because of the emotional rejection of amalgamation. Inverness is a city of 50,000+ inhabitants with a considerable surrounding catchment area, yet they average less than 4,000 fans at home games. On the other hand Ross County, average over 4,000 fans, yet Dingwall is a small town of 5,000+ inhabitants. Do many of RC's following hail from Inverness and have chosen RC rather than the amalgamated city club to follow?

If the Shed achieve their 'apparent' ambition of not getting promoted this season, then what? There will be few players left at Tanny anyway. What have the Shed then to offer the Dehs? Basically a stadium........just a stadium. What are the Dehs looking into? A stadium! I doubt if any one of our then remaining players would walk into the Deh (or amalgamated) squad. Maybe 2 or 3 for 'political' reasons, but in effect, despite the Dehs being bottom feeding strugglers, the Shed playing pool currently has little to offer them.
    What a bletherin cuunt

Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    What a bletherin cuunt
    Can I ask you a question? Are my 'ram'blings less agreeable than the Daily Record, The Sun, Thomson's statements, etc?

Thank you for the double emphasis of 'U.'

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    We’re a more successful amalgamation club than ICT!
    Wonder if it was a happy amalgamation back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post

One club provides a ground to play at (little or no expense). The other club provides a team, which can be built on. The remaining ground can be sold to strengthen the team, pay off debts, strengthen the team, etc.
    I never understand why a city has to " unite " as you put it when it comes to pro football.

Usually it's something politicians peddle ( the ones that will never set foot in a football stadium) as most football fans are happy in there own wee world.

It's always been a case of survival of the fittest to me and death and amalgamation ( for the 2nd partner) would mean the same thing the end of my involvement in football.

A takeover of the other club would, whilst being amusing in the short term, lose it's appeal and a bit of my club's soul eventually.

I mean **** sake having to play in tangerines socks or something gives me the heebie jeebies.

Death for the dabs or status quo would be my preferred choice but it wouldn't surprise me if 5 years down the line......😣

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I never understand why a city has to " unite " as you put it when it comes to pro football.

Usually it's something politicians peddle ( the ones that will never set foot in a football stadium) as most football fans are happy in there own wee world.

It's always been a case of survival of the fittest to me and death and amalgamation ( for the 2nd partner) would mean the same thing the end of my involvement in football.

A takeover of the other club would, whilst being amusing in the short term, lose it's appeal and a bit of my club's soul eventually.

I mean **** sake having to play in tangerines socks or something gives me the heebie jeebies.

Death for the dabs or status quo would be my preferred choice but it wouldn't surprise me if 5 years down the line......��

The only reasons that I can see to support the idea of city clubs amalgamating are 1) for financial purposes, and 2) the related survival reasons. You're right that most footie fans are happy n their own wee world. This is especially so with lower league clubs. If the Shed ever fold, then I would lose virtually all my interest in football, which nowadays is largely confined to the Scottish scene. However, I would hate to see the city of Dundee without a top flight team, so in the eventuality of the Shed going to the wall, I would not like to see the Dehs going down a similar route.

Playing in tangerine socks? Goodness me. Have you seen the strip they are playing in this season? It matches their recent performances. The worst strip I've seen United play in during all my time Shedding, except perhaps that very brief 'pink' abomination of a couple of seasons ago, but that was their third strip. The current strip reminds me of used toilet paper.

With all that appears to be going on behind the scenes at both clubs, like yourself, I too wouldn't be surprised if some kind of merger may be attempted over the next few years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)