+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting line up v Holland

Starting line up v Holland

I would select the following

GK Pope
    Back Three Stones Maguire Tarkowski
    Wing Backs Trippier Young
    Midfield Dele Alli Cook Lingard
    Forwards Rashford Vardy

Looks good, a touch of Claret there. Not sure about Cook

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Looks good, a touch of Claret there. Not sure about Cook
    I picked Cook as the defensive midfielder to get a better balance there. I think he is having an excellent season with Bournemouth.

Popeye and Tarka first choices...phook the rest..

Having selected Pope in the squad, GS must now play him. If he does and Nick plays well, then he's got a chance of being England's keeper in the World Cup. Digits crossed for him.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I would select the following

GK Pope
    Back Three Stones Maguire Tarkowski
    Wing Backs Trippier Young
    Midfield Dele Alli Cook Lingard
    Forwards Rashford Vardy
    This is the team I would put out. I doubt if Pope Tarkowski Trippier or Cook will start. More is the pity. Pity too that Ben Mee is not in the squad as it would be interesting to see how the Pope-Tarkowski-Mee unit performed for England.

Pickford distribution impresses a nd is likely to start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...World-Cup.html

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Pickford distribution impresses a nd is likely to start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...World-Cup.html
    Nick has done all he can. Fewest goals conceded, most clean sheets, no errors leading to a goal. He may not start in Amsterdam but if he does not get real game time in the two friendliest it will be a travesty and I do not use that word lightly.

Pope's kicking is what lets him down, when Billy Mercer sorts that out he will romp the England Number One spot, even ahead of Tom Heaton.

I don’t really understand why Southgate chose Pope for the friendlies squad other than to give him a taste of being involved in the England set up. Let’s face it, the 3 goalies going to Russia is already a foregone conclusion. However, one could always look at the other side of the coin and considering Butland, Pickford and Hart will go to Russia, why not give Pope some game time and see how he reacts?

As for Tarky, I can see him getting some meaningful game time, he has a real chance of making the plane.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)