+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Speak for yourself, I’m f*cking nails
    Pretty pink ones with glitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Pretty pink ones with glitter?
    Vegan nails, mind.

All this sack Robson business. That's staying on the same merry go round.

What we need is stability and continuation. Remember both the Chairman and the manager are still novices .

We've been planning in the right direction. What Robson needs is a wise old man v, who's seen it all , to advise both him and the Chairman.

Heck , even Ferguson took Jock Stein as his advisor for Gothenburg ?

We've had it before. Keith Burkinshaw , Craig Brown . We need a wise old Director of foottball

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m not a hard man stavros none of us are on here.

Can’t really be bothered arguing with you but I suppose as far as facts go Cormacks spent a lot of money on players and hasn’t on managers for some reason, that’s a fact.

Either way there’s a huge chance you will get your wish and Robson will be gone sooner rather than later.

Let’s see where we are this time next year, personally I think we will be in the same position even when Robson is long gone.
    "Can't really be bothered arguing with you" because as you state after, what I said were facts? Well that's awful grand of you.

You make it out that I originally and have always wanted Robson to fail? "get your wish"??? I like Robson and after what he done for us after Goodwin then it only strengthened my admiration for him. Sadly though he has had 21 games since he got the contract and has only won 5 of those games, those being last seasons St Mirren and this season Stirling Albion, Ross County twice and Sevco away. We're 10th in as piss poor a league as I can remember for some time.

Our style of play is horrendous for the most part, can we agree on that? He is playing players that have needed benched for some time (Duk). He has been given the biggest transfer kitty most likely of all time for an AFC manager and the new recruits are mostly either on the bench or not even in the squad.

He has spoken at length about the amount of games we're playing and tiredness/fatigue being an issue and then plays the same 13/14 players week in week out. Finally after Sundays game has he admitted his mistakes with this but it shouldn't take 21 games as a full time manager to notice this was a major issue.

Like every AFC supporter I only wish the best for the team and to see improvements married with desire/hunger etc but sadly we go through the motions of hoofball most games and our "star" player Clarkson can't even get into the starting 11 as we bypass him most games with long balls.

Please can someone show me the progress Robson has made to convince me that he is worthy of more time, I'd love to get a reasoned reply that could sway me the other way but as the matches roll on then if anything the Robson must stay supporters numbers dwindle.

I agree with Zakk. I like Robson, but he's not showing anything near having the managerial quality required to manage AFC. I'd love to be proven wrong but can't see it happening. He quite clearly lacks any sort of plan B. Be as well leave the game or switch off after we concede first and it's felt like that for a long time under him.
    Last edited by PittodriePile; 30-10-2023 at 01:54 PM.

If he doesn’t start winning games soon then I would think he will get fired.

The football is shyte to watch but when has it ever been good to watch?

It’s all about winning games which he isn’t doing so he should be under pressure.

I wouldnt say that the signings are all down to him.I highly doubt he had even heard of half of the players we signed until he was shown a YouTube video of them in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    I agree with Zakk. I like Robson, but he's not showing anything near having the managerial quality required to manage AFC. I'd love to be proven wrong but can't see it happening. He quite clearly lacks any sort of plan B. Be as well leave the game or switch off after we concede first and it's felt like that for a long time under him.
    The last time we won a game in the league after conceding first was in March 2022 in a 3-1 win against Hibs.

The rot set in a long time before Robson took over.

If he doesn’t start winning games soon then I would think he will get fired.

The football is shyte to watch but when has it ever been good to watch?

It’s all about winning games which he isn’t doing so he should be under pressure.

I wouldnt say that the signings are all down to him.I highly doubt he had even heard of half of the players we signed until he was shown a YouTube video of them in the summer.
    How soon is "soon" in your opinion? After Motherwell? The Cup Semi? Just curious how much longer you personally feels he's due.

So because it was shyte to watch previously and it's still shyte to watch then that's ok? Robson shouldn't ultimately be judged on how it looks on the park because previous managers couldn't address that issue, excellent train of thought on that one.

Very true he should be under pressure for not winning games and he should've been under pressure before this point in time, again though if it was merely only winning games he was failing at then more fans would cut him slack but you throw everything else into the mix, hoofball football, no rotation, baffling substitutions etc then that pressure should be intensified.

Obviously he hadn't heard of some of the players before someone at AFC showed them their respective videos/stats etc but you're saying that Robson hasn't had the final yes/no on signing them? Is that rumours or facts? Goodwin if I remember correctly came out and said he had final say on any incomings so what's to suggest that Robson hasn't been given the same veto?

"The rot set in a long time before Robson took over." is a true statement of fact but another fact is that with everything Robson has been given that previous managers haven't, he still hasn't been able to reverse it. Another failing on his part in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    How soon is "soon" in your opinion? After Motherwell? The Cup Semi? Just curious how much longer you personally feels he's due.

So because it was shyte to watch previously and it's still shyte to watch then that's ok? Robson shouldn't ultimately be judged on how it looks on the park because previous managers couldn't address that issue, excellent train of thought on that one.

Very true he should be under pressure for not winning games and he should've been under pressure before this point in time, again though if it was merely only winning games he was failing at then more fans would cut him slack but you throw everything else into the mix, hoofball football, no rotation, baffling substitutions etc then that pressure should be intensified.

Obviously he hadn't heard of some of the players before someone at AFC showed them their respective videos/stats etc but you're saying that Robson hasn't had the final yes/no on signing them? Is that rumours or facts? Goodwin if I remember correctly came out and said he had final say on any incomings so what's to suggest that Robson hasn't been given the same veto?

"The rot set in a long time before Robson took over." is a true statement of fact but another fact is that with everything Robson has been given that previous managers haven't, he still hasn't been able to reverse it. Another failing on his part in my opinion.
    What’s Robson been given that other managers haven’t?

What’s Robson been given that other managers haven’t?
    Sweet lord do I even have to type an answer to that? I guess I'll have to as you do appear to genuine sadly.

A larger transfer kitty (possibly largest in AFC manager history) compared to Glass and Goodwin by all accounts and further back from that (McInnes etc) a fancy dan training ground also.

Any other nonsensical questions?
    Last edited by ZakkTheMakk; 30-10-2023 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Sweet lord do I even have to type an answer to that? I guess I'll have to as you do appear to genuine sadly.

A larger transfer kitty (possibly largest in AFC manager history) compared to Glass and Goodwin by all accounts and further back from that (McInnes etc) a fancy dan training ground also.

Any other nonsensical questions?
    Are you omniscient Zak?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast