+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T England v South Africa World Cup Final

O/T England v South Africa World Cup Final

I take is as read most of us will be up bright and early for this one hoping for the England lads to bring home the Webb Ellis Trophy for the second time .

England are favourites there's no doubt about that but we have to respect the Springbox because they are tough opponents who play to their strengths which is basically brute force and very aggressive rugby .

Match them up front and we should have enough but we must not get involved in a scrap like Wales were sucked in to .

I'm sure Eddie Jones will have the game plan to get the job done .

C'mon England .

I can't wait mate, think we have too much for them to be fair? Eddie will have the right game plan for sure.

Posh lads will bottle it. South Africa to win by 10 pts.

South Africa are a very good side. Capable in more than one dimension of Rugby as they've proved over the last 18 months. It'll be a close game

Bloody hell , sum atmosphere this ,

Just turned the bstrd over .

I hate to lose more than I love winning .

Gut wrenching to watch .

No complaints SA fully deserved their win , much much the better side and far better than I gave them credit for .

Does that French ref get a winners medal?

Well done SA deserved the win and didn't really need the help from the frog.

Looks like we left our game in the semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Does that French ref get a winners medal?

Well done SA deserved the win and didn't really need the help from the frog.

Looks like we left our game in the semi-final.
    A very ambiguous game Ethel I'm afraid , sometimes you just have to accept it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A very ambiguous game Ethel I'm afraid , sometimes you just have to accept it .
    Agreed its rules are left to interpretation, like most sports I guess. But we really didn't get the rub of the green from the ref.

Don't want to detract from SA they outplayed us but our pack were under pressure after 10/15 minutes because all decisions were going against us and it was mostly on the refs blind side. I cant believe we were culpable as often as we were penalised.

We move on.

Am not a Posh Boy's Rugby Union follower but I ent a clue wots gooin on when they are all rolling abart on top of each other scraping studs darn legs and thumping each other in "rucks" and butting eeads,biting ears off and grabbing b0ll0cks in "scrums". It all ezza element of public school homo erotic behaviour to me.

Aar the ref can mek ed nor tail of it is beyond me.