+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

Jim Spence just sent this to me on twitter:

"He made an offer to ST in Feb 2017 before the foundation was thought of. It’s his money, the foundation isn’t involved. One other businessman was to come in with him. The money is sitting in an account still, only needing ST signature I’m told. But only on terms previously agreed"

He then got angry when I asked further questions saying it's got nothing to do with anyone. Even though he made it public by tweeting it earlier.

To a large degree, the specifics of such a deal are nobody else's business. Do you remember the days when a 99% of fans didn't even know who the chairman was and it was all about just watching the game? Money will be the death of football.

My point is that he can't really use privacy as a deflection tactic when it was he who made the whole thing public.

It can't be public then private at his whim.

I think he is working to further his friend's bid. Possibly with a role in a Gibson led regime.

I wonder if his column will discuss it this weekend.

Ufc2 with Spence in the Derek Robertson role perhaps?

All this take over S**te is driving everybody mad, Insert a name into the equation and the rumourmonger scale quadruples
    If people just got on with their lives and stopped studying for a Masters Degree in "SPECULATION"the world would be a better place
    Thomsons gone ,new regime in place, He's still Majority Shareholder but who honestly gives a flying F**K what he's doin
    DUSF should seem to be looking at the landscape through frosted glass windows and nae seeing the true picture
    The best thing true arabs can do is get behind the manager and the team , Buy season tickets or the pay at the gater's give the lads a chance and give them a good vocal support let them know your proud to see them pull on that famous Tangerine jersey and hope they give their all for it

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    All this take over S**te is driving everybody mad, Insert a name into the equation and the rumourmonger scale quadruples
    If people just got on with their lives and stopped studying for a Masters Degree in "SPECULATION"the world would be a better place
    Thomsons gone ,new regime in place, He's still Majority Shareholder but who honestly gives a flying F**K what he's doin
    DUSF should seem to be looking at the landscape through frosted glass windows and nae seeing the true picture
    The best thing true arabs can do is get behind the manager and the team , Buy season tickets or the pay at the gater's give the lads a chance and give them a good vocal support let them know your proud to see them pull on that famous Tangerine jersey and hope they give their all for it
    Nail on the head! Unfortunately the fate of certain sides in the last two decades means that lots of people want to be seen as the ones who didn't let their club die. In reality, the fans have next to no real influence or power when it comes to these matters, no matter how many posts they put on forums. FACT

Scoobydufc hit the nail on the head get behind the team give them full support

Exactly Juan,people poking their noses in places where they should'nt
    ive got my season ticket religiously,Do a player sponsor every year,Have tables for friends n customers in hospo so reckon i do enough each season without throwing money to some DUSF crowd for a fancy scarf to wrap round my neck
    Onwards and Upwards TWFDUFC

The future wellbeing of the club we all love is at stake so it's only natural that some fans are interested in what's developing or maybe in this case not developing. Whether others just interested in the match day experience realise it or not, it does impact on how well the team can perform because it impacts on who the manager is and which players come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Exactly Juan,people poking their noses in places where they should'nt
    ive got my season ticket religiously,Do a player sponsor every year,Have tables for friends n customers in hospo so reckon i do enough each season without throwing money to some DUSF crowd for a fancy scarf to wrap round my neck
    Onwards and Upwards TWFDUFC
    Onwards and upwards from top of the league and a league cup final in 2015 to hoping to retain our rightful place in the Championship in 2018/19,sky's the FN limit mate.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I found their statement reassuring. If it is indeed an honest account then it is fair enough. However I still have my longstanding suspicions. But I would not say that makes DUSF bad. Im just wary.

We need one United fans group. Just one.

500 k apparently was the figure.

That works out at 140 quid per current season ticket holder.

Surely not beyond the ability of the fan base to put that kind of cash together?
    500k but would then have to support the losses given the complete mess the club is in.

I don’t know if that would be a fair price for a club in spl / championship.

I’d rather ST left the club for very little given what has gone on but obviously that is his perogative

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)