+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One Not Too Bothered?

Am I The Only One Not Too Bothered?

If we don't sign Moore?

Yes he scored goals and yes we played some good stuff earlier on in the season but I think we've improved and developped as a team since his suspension.
    OK Frecklingtons inclusion has given the team some sort of boost that isn't there when he isn't but we've been better in this run where Moore has played an impact role or no role at all.

Before his suspension we were dire to watch! One dimentional and no midfield play. He falls over a lot to buy fouls which referees were getting wise to.

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed watching the team with him in it especially earlier on in the season and if we play like that we'll do well with him. However I don't think the defenders we have or the holding midfielders are inteligent enough not to throw the long ball up field so we'll quickly go back to being dire.

I've had a Druce feeling since he's been on loan and I hope I'm wrong if he signs.

Will e accept being an impact player? Will he get his head turned when things aren't going well for him?

Is he worth it?

Made the difference on sat at Walsall when he came on,but its not the end if we dont sign him we may be dodging another bullit ie Bradshaw,May,Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Made the difference on sat at Walsall when he came on,but its not the end if we dont sign him we may be dodging another bullit ie Bradshaw,May,Taylor
    Bradshaw , really , he's got 10 goals this season in a struggling championship team .

I think the issue I’m more concerned about is that if we don’t get more we only have 3 strikers And it will leave us with more work to do in summer.

A perfect transfer window for us would be to buy 2 capable strikers and get some defenders in but I’d settle for 1 striker and 1 defender and a few loans

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bradshaw , really , he's got 10 goals
    this season in a struggling championship team .
    You paid way over the top

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    You paid way over the top
    Really , try buying him for £600k this month .

No Frogmiller ya not.
    I'd rather spend more on the defence.
    And Oswell looks a confident lad from those vids...yes I know it's only video evidence though.

Happens a lot in English football - if there is a big lad up front, they tend to be overused and the team plays more direct rather than being more balanced. Maybe that was what happened earlier in the year. I reckon Moore's as much of an asset with ball to feet or chest outside the box (though obviously crosses in the box are made for him to get his head on). But against Walsall it wasn't just hoofball up to him, it was just that when the ball did go forward or in the box, he gave us that option too thanks to his size and just getting stuck in. Ball and Yates together don't have that combination, but Ball and Moore both playing well means we have options of how to play, therefore being more of a surprise to the teams we're playing. A bit like cricket - if you've got a big bloke who's good at quick bouncers, they still work best as a surprise ball or part of a balance.

I do take the point that a great half season doesn't mean he'd do the same all the time (like the players we sold after scoring regularly for a few months or a year, like Hoskins and Reid, didn't manage to carry on at that rate).

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bradshaw , really , he's got 10 goals this season in a struggling championship team .
    Yes but we wouldn't have the patience like Barnsley nor did we have others to come in to do a job if he didn't. He'd have had to do it from the off to prove his value with a lesser team. Not the same situation I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Happens a lot in English football - if there is a big lad up front, they tend to be overused and the team plays more direct rather than being more balanced. Maybe that was what happened earlier in the year. I reckon Moore's as much of an asset with ball to feet or chest outside the box (though obviously crosses in the box are made for him to get his head on). But against Walsall it wasn't just hoofball up to him, it was just that when the ball did go forward or in the box, he gave us that option too thanks to his size and just getting stuck in. Ball and Yates together don't have that combination, but Ball and Moore both playing well means we have options of how to play, therefore being more of a surprise to the teams we're playing. A bit like cricket - if you've got a big bloke who's good at quick bouncers, they still work best as a surprise ball or part of a balance.

I do take the point that a great half season doesn't mean he'd do the same all the time (like the players we sold after scoring regularly for a few months or a year, like Hoskins and Reid, didn't manage to carry on at that rate).
    Good points there Harpo.

The difference in play is my issue. It tends to come down to the strength of the opositions midfield and how attacking they are. If they are attacking we tend to just hoof it clear to release the pressure.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast