+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Martin

Chris Martin

Was it me or has CM gained half a yard of pace? There was one run yesterday where he outpaced a defender and then crossed from the left.

Thought some of his touches were very good albeit there were times when we seemed to have 2 or 3 players going for the same ball on the edge f the box.

Overall a reasonable performance against a workmanlike side.

After their win at Brighton it will be a tough game away at Wednesday next saturday

re: Chris Martin

A couple of us in pre-season had said he gained half a yard in belly mass.

He is a top striker though and got about a bit yesterday.

He will defo get 15-20 goals again this season.

[quote="cheshireram123" certainly never seen it before. As with most of the others looked abit rusty but with a few games under their belts we will be firing on all cylinders soon enough.

I see according to "Skybet" we are now 7-1 favorites to finish first. That is scary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireram123
    Was it me or has CM gained half a yard of pace? There was one run yesterday where he outpaced a defender and then crossed from the left.

Thought some of his touches were very good albeit there were times when we seemed to have 2 or 3 players going for the same ball on the edge f the box.

Overall a reasonable performance against a workmanlike side.

After their win at Brighton it will be a tough game away at Wednesday next saturday
    I thought he did okay considering he got little support from our two wide players who were both disappointing, still good to win without playing at our best

[quote="SlimyLimey" we are now 7-1 favorites to finish first. That is scary!!![/quote]

Well out of the teams that didn't go up last year, we were the best by some distance, so it makes sense I guess.

I think Martin had one of his quieter games but then he didn't get much quality from our wide players. I also think the CB for Rotherham played him quiet well by not marking so tightly as to risk giving away a free kick. Maybe teams are wise to how easy he can go to ground & perhaps he needs to have a plan B. I did comment on how quick he was for a big lad after he skinned their defender down the line. Bit more of that will be better than falling over & having better competition from Leon Best can only be a good thing.

Martin is an old fashioned type of centre forward. Tonight against Carlisle he really made the keeper earn his crust but had quiet spells aswell

Defenders really can't take there eyes of him because he gets into those positions and will punish them like he proved tonight.

Very neat and tidy finish from the big man

Is he the best free transfer for derby ever?

Quote Originally Posted by chris311080
    Martin is an old fashioned type of centre forward. Tonight against Carlisle he really made the keeper earn his crust but had quiet spells aswell

Defenders really can't take there eyes of him because he gets into those positions and will punish them like he proved tonight.

Very neat and tidy finish from the big man

Is he the best free transfer for derby ever?
    I guess we need to see if he can continue what he did last season. Certainly looks a fantastic player for us, but other than one season in league one with Norwich he hadn't done anything before joining us and had been on loan at Swindon before Clough picked him up.

By the way, did Martin get a new contract this season along with the others? He only has 2 season to run I believe, unless Clough did something weird and gave someone more than a 3 year contract.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)