+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    don't be bitter, kiddo, makes you look even more foolish, especially as it's true

what a lot of utter pish, there are years worth of minutes missing, all chronological covering DFCSS's behaviour during their time in charge and how they got there. you should also remember you claimed you left DFCSS because of the individuals involved at the time, now you're back to backing them up.
    On your first point - how can I take you seriously?

I stand by the reasons I felt I had to leave the board. However to be honest I wasn't telling the world the details of those reasons now was I? People such as yourself would simply cast it up ten years down the line when looking for someone to blame after their plumbing went wrong.

On your second point -

I have always backed DFCSS without singling out individuals for praise or criticism although I am now coming right out and saying that Iain Baird is probably the right person to be involved on the DFCSS board, he is intensely disliked by John Nelms for no other reason than he was a member of the DBBT. Of the others I only know three, two of whom are absolute gems the other I don't believe should ever have been allowed back into involvement with the board and in my opinion should do the decent thing and resign as soon as numbers are back up and anyone suitable steps forward for election. That one was allowed back on the board by default by the way despite being asked to withdraw his application.

Signing a journeyman on a 2.5 year deal will hopefully benefit us, not just them. There you go. As for the shares, DFCSS should obviously hold onto them until they have more information, that much is obvious. Not sure why they had to go public and cause so much contention.

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    Completely overlooks that the original fee was for life. The actions of a few who grabbed contro l of DFCSS and changed the rules turned many passionate supporters away from the society.
    I need not justify myself, those that know me know that I have done my bit for DFC and would do so again if required. I trust FPS, I do not trust DFCSS. I suspect there are many more like me than still believe in DFCSS
    Hi HuddersfieldDee.
    One of the problems of having 4,000 members of DFCSS was it was almost impossible to call a Special Meeting as 10% of the membership had to sign the notice requesting the meeting and what was to be discussed. That means that 400 members had to sign the notice which was difficult when members lived all over the UK and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Don't be silly Deecom, they're all liars and cheats - just ask many of the other posters on this forum.

They're a very intelligent and articulate group that think before acting. But a few of their predecessors were disliked so some people simply HAVE TO dislike and distrust the current incumbents.
    I object to being called a liar and a cheat.
    Kindly apologise and withdraw your remark.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I object to being called a liar and a cheat.
    Kindly apologise and withdraw your remark.
    Islam, I know you don't do humour, but sometimes Deeranged does! He is making a joke.

Who knew Forbes and co would be hostile to FPS and again, if you could stop confusing DFCSS members with the wider fanbase, I think that would be good.

So, DFCSS will refuse to see the shares to FPS and put an end to any cooperation with the club owners?
    Hi Taintedice.
    If you had been present at the meeting you would have heard that FPS could easily purchase enough of the ordinary shares held by DFCSS to reach their 75% majority of shares held.
    However FPS want to purchase the A shares which in my opinion is for one reason only. To get rid of the entrenched rights in the A shares which could result in;
    1. A move from Dens Park
    2. Payment of dividends
    3. Amalgamation with the Dabs
    4. Change of strip colour to say tangerine
    There are other entrenched rights but these in my opinion are the main ones.
    No doubt some posters will say that you cannot pay dividends in a company makes a loss. However private equity firms have been doing this in the UK for years. Paying annual dividends to themselves and loading the corresponding debt onto the company concerned This also avoids paying corporation tax on any profits in future financial years.

I'd be happy to help assemble the missing minutes and send them to DFCSS for publication on their website.
    I used to enjoy reading the minutes which from memory went back as far as 2004. It helped me see what was going on as at that time I was an armchair supporter and still playing golf on a Saturday afternoon at Downfield Golf Club prior to my emigration to Islay.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Islam, I know you don't do humour, but sometimes Deeranged does! He is making a joke.

He should put LoL after his post. I know that you have to be thick skinned and not easily upset to post on Internet forums.

Signing a journeyman on a 2.5 year deal will hopefully benefit us, not just them. There you go. As for the shares, DFCSS should obviously hold onto them until they have more information, that much is obvious. Not sure why they had to go public and cause so much contention.
    According to what was said at the meeting the reason that they had to go public was that FPS were originally wanting a decision from the DFCSS board of directors by the end of October 2018. The society had to obtain expert legal advice and that takes time. The board of directors have given all the members of DFCSS the opportunity to express their views by email and members present at the AGM also expressed their views and concerns.
    The closing date for members to submit their views by email to the society is Monday 21st January 2019 so there is still time for you Taintedice to join DFCSS and email your views.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

I hope that Islam is a typo otherwise I will have to head across the road and join the Arabs

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)