+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

Why Pulis cannot be sacked!

The comparisons with our current predicament and Blackburn Rovers are quite surprising.

An owner using our beloved club to peddle his wears in a distant land.

A fanbase demanding the head of a manager who has provided mid table finishes to date, like Alardyce at Rovers before he was given the boot.

Our current Chairman was at Blackburn.

Local rivals who are regular visitors to the thurd division.

Be careful what you wish for folks, we could be in the thurd division under free flowing mogga in a couple of years time.

Back not sack, as the alternative is frightening!

Go back to basics, drop GK and stop the wonder goals our opponents appear to be scoring week after week.

Sorry Pulis has lost his way, it happens with managers. Keeping him will see us relegated, replacing him may see us survive.
    Yes he has provided mid table finishes to date but that is not saying it will continue.

Brian Clough ultimately took Forest down. If we played good attacking football i could see us winning a few games. But not by playing 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and giving opponents 70% of the possession.
    If you don't attack you don't win.
    We have probably the best squad ever at this level, yet he continues to leave the creative players out of it.

Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    The comparisons with our current predicament and Blackburn Rovers are quite surprising.

A fanbase demanding the head of a manager who has provided mid table finishes to date, like Alardyce at Rovers before he was given the boot.

Be careful what you wish for folks, we could be in the thurd division under free flowing mogga in a couple of years time.

Go back to basics, drop GK and stop the wonder goals our opponents appear to be scoring week after week.
    "Be careful what you wish for" and there we have it. THE statement to counteract every arguement to get rid of him. Ridiculous statement and a ridiculous arguement.
    I notice you didn't add in the fact that Blackburn won the league in your comparison.

Why should I be careful what I wish for?

I didn't wish for cowards football, three wins in twenty odd games, six goals at home since March, a club record run of scoreless games.

I wish him gone whatever the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Possession counts for nothing...how many more times do I have to say this? We have to back Tony Pulis for now. He will keep us up, however the russian roulette mindset of going for a a manager mid season to change everything is not right. It would take us months to adapt. We will change our manager at some point but dont give our competitors a lift by throwing us in disarray. He will turn it round I have no doubt.
    Does not scoring goals or not keeping clean sheets, count for anything?

I'm sick of hearing I should be frightened of the alternatives to TP!

Saturday's match has a 50/50 chance of being the third consecutive home match I can't be a r s e d to go to,that'll be a first for me.

There has to be something fundamentally wrong when a football lover like me can find it so easy to stay away.

I want to see Burke,Phillips and Chadli let off the leash and the Pole played further forward in midfield for starters.

I may travel to B71 on Saturday and await the line up before deciding whether to enter or not.

It shouldn't be like this BB.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

You will think I have lost it! Put 100 quid on a West Brom win on Saturday and would not surprise me, if it happens. We are West Brom after all, and nothing will surprise you. Pulis will know he dare not lose even with it being Chelsea!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    "Be careful what you wish for" and there we have it. THE statement to counteract every arguement to get rid of him. Ridiculous statement and a ridiculous arguement.
    I notice you didn't add in the fact that Blackburn won the league in your comparison.

Why should I be careful what I wish for?

I didn't wish for cowards football, three wins in twenty odd games, six goals at home since March, a club record run of scoreless games.

I wish him gone whatever the consequences.
    Sorry I forgot Alardyce's successor won the prem and then the descent started.

Oh, one second, that didn't happen.

Chill out dude, fan club badge gone missing in the post or something.

I have my opinion, you have yours.

BTW mickd I would not expect a lot of Burke, from what I have seen, he is not ready.

I am glad I am not the Chairman because I don’t honestly know what I would do at the moment.

I start from the premise that I don’t like to see the Manager sacked mid season and especially not after backing him by investing in new players in the summer. That said the results have not been good enough for sometime now. As Chairman I don’t mind poor performances as long as we get the points on the board and we protect the PL income.

The question is would I have a better chance of staying up by changing the Manager now. Honestly don’t know the answer at the moment so would probably do nothing and see how it goes for now. However I can see that this could be the wrong thing to do if we don’t start winning soon as changing Manager around Christmas may be too late.

Tricky and in the too difficult to do box for me which probably explains why I would never make a great Chairman even if I did have the money and opportunity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)