+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: dna

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    You know, you always put your points over very well Mason89, but ultimately, every single time you're a moaning ****, doesn't matter the subject, you'll ****ing moan.

This "load of ****" has garnered £1m+ for the club that wouldn't have been there. Nobody is forcing YOU to buy it, so sit doon, and stfu up eh?
    Pot and kettle. Ray of sunshine yourself?

Disappear for months, and come back attacking someone who hasn’t deserted this place.

Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Explain your thoughts on this.
    I see it as ensuring we don't fall behind Hearts and Hibs who have similar schemes.

I don't agree with expecting benefactors to invest in the club. That's how SevCo are operating and are running a risk, thats how Hearts operated under Romanov and went into administration.
    I would never want our club put at risk by being run in that manner.
    My thoughts are easily explained. Milne has a huge wealth of cash and could easily just spend his own spare money (while he will have plenty) instead of expecting the clubs fans to provide extra funds for the playing staff budget.
    The club are not getting any benefit with him being in the top role. A chairman that lacks ambition will not spend his own cash. He got bailed out before by a wealthy fan and now he is expecting your everyday fan to fund an extra playing staff budget.

I didn’t sign up - for many of the reasons above, but mainly cause Milne is a c@nt who’s nae getting a penny more fae me than the season tickets for me and Moog Jnr until I see him put his hand in his f’uckin pocket.

Wonder if he signed up for DNA? You’d have expected the launch to involve him and the board signing up first - but there was f’uck all as far as I saw.

Bet he hisna.....

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Pot and kettle. Ray of sunshine yourself?

Disappear for months, and come back attacking someone who hasn’t deserted this place.

Righto.
    Not posting, isn't disappearing. Though I have been posting if you'd checked before you posted criticising my lack of posting.

Edit: The irony of supporting "this place" which is nothing but an affiliate site for some south of england yuppy ****er from our resident uber-leftie obviously escapes you?

Why not post and support an actual Dons fan page like Donstalk instead?
    Last edited by fatshaft; 01-06-2018 at 10:55 AM.

As far as I know this is Dave Cormacks idea and I would suspect that the Atlanta trip will be funded by him.

I have signed up to it as I think it is a good idea to get extra funding into the club. By doing so I am not condoning Milne or the way that he has acted as chairman. I also despise him but realise that he has not afforded the club his millions for some years now and there appears to be no white knight on the horizon willing to do so and take his place. Therefore the club needs to be quite innovative in finding/creating extra revenue streams.

I, personally, am not in favour of the new stadium and believe that if it happens it could be potentially disastrous to the club. My money is not backing what Milne is doing. It is to help the club financially and to support a new way of generating cash for our football team(s). If people disagree or don't want to put their money into this scheme then fair enough - free choice. Just can't understand criticism for those that want to help the club.

Incidentally, if there was ever a situation that fans could try to buy out Milne, how many would be up for that?!

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Not posting, isn't disappearing. Though I have been posting if you'd checked before you posted criticising my lack of posting.

Edit: The irony of supporting "this place" which is nothing but an affiliate site for some south of england yuppy ****er from our resident uber-leftie obviously escapes you?

Why not post and support an actual Dons fan page like Donstalk instead?
    Why the **** would I want to do that?

I'd better chuck out any IT I own, I suppose, since Mr ****ing Omniscient says so, given that it's all manufactured and sold by capitalism. What a ****ing puerile playground argument.

Mind you, the use of 'south of England' as a term of insult and disdain isn't much of a surprise.

Stovies in a flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

You don’t get a say on how it’s spent
    You do, when you sign up you get asked your preference on where the money goes to.

how much of it is spent or who is spending it.
    again you do. I stated my preference was for the first team and development squads

Does anyone know who paid for the money can’t buy experience to Atlanta? Somebody bought it. Saw a few folk ask the club but with no answer. There’s very little clarity with the whole thing.
    Who cares?
    Whether it was sponsorship or connections through Dave Cormack or whether it came from the fund itself.
    the costs would have been very little and may have convinced more to sign up than the costs incurred.
    Your making a mountain out of a molehill

Another moan is that I’ve been bored to tears with folk telling me how great Del is with transfer dealings. Keeping his cards close to his chest & not showing his hand etc. Well we’re telegraphing our football budget to every club we need to do business with.

It’s fine you’re delighted with it & it’s fine that I ***n hate the idea. I find the posts praising it every bit as dull as you find mine moaning about it. I wouldn’t moan to you directly about it though.
    What exactly is your objective?
    To convince as many as you can that its not worth the merits and thus reduce the available funds for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My thoughts are easily explained. Milne has a huge wealth of cash and could easily just spend his own spare money (while he will have plenty) instead of expecting the clubs fans to provide extra funds for the playing staff budget.
    The club are not getting any benefit with him being in the top role. A chairman that lacks ambition will not spend his own cash. He got bailed out before by a wealthy fan and now he is expecting your everyday fan to fund an extra playing staff budget.
    Sorry, not understanding the Govan team simile.
    Where does that fit in?

I've mentioned before that I don't want the club run like Romanov did at Hearts and put our club at risk.
    It seems that you are suggesting we go down the hunnish route.
    Should we stretch ourselves to take on soft loans etc?

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    As far as I know this is Dave Cormacks idea and I would suspect that the Atlanta trip will be funded by him.

I have signed up to it as I think it is a good idea to get extra funding into the club. By doing so I am not condoning Milne or the way that he has acted as chairman. I also despise him but realise that he has not afforded the club his millions for some years now and there appears to be no white knight on the horizon willing to do so and take his place. Therefore the club needs to be quite innovative in finding/creating extra revenue streams.

I, personally, am not in favour of the new stadium and believe that if it happens it could be potentially disastrous to the club. My money is not backing what Milne is doing. It is to help the club financially and to support a new way of generating cash for our football team(s). If people disagree or don't want to put their money into this scheme then fair enough - free choice. Just can't understand criticism for those that want to help the club.

Incidentally, if there was ever a situation that fans could try to buy out Milne, how many would be up for that?!
    Fantastic post, well said

I joined AberDNA because I live in the states these days and it's a way to help the club I have loved since the 60s. I suspect the money will be used for signings for a simple reason. If they use it for something else and people find out, then next year they will be lucky to raise enough to buy back Darren Mackie.

Milne didn't get rich by being stupid you know. I have no idea how much money he, or anyone else, puts into the club, and I strongly suspect neither do any of you. You act like getting rid of him would somehow solve all the club's problems. I rather suspect it would just create more. You really are very unlikely to find a very wealthy person coming forward and taking over Aberdeen and then spunking millions on players. Why would they? It would be an appallingly bad investment with zero chance of ever recovering their money. Wealthy people don't become wealthy by doing incredibly stupid things.

I am not particularly a Milne supporter, but neither am I especially opposed to him. I would not however be in favour of his leaving at this time. We are just about to build a new stadium, we have moved forward as a club quite massively in the last five years and I for one want to see where we go from here. As for a supporter buy out. Good luck raising the stadium money with a bunch of people no one ever heard of at the helm.

Sorry to be so negative but sometimes I think you guys need a draft of ice cold reality.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast