+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoughts so far....

Thoughts so far....

Well I don't think any of the regular posters on here can moan about the season so far. Burnley are well on their way to achieving safety in the Prem and in my opinion are only 3 wins away from hitting that goal to amass 38 points. Leeds are well on their way to achieving a play-off place and an outside chance of catching the top two but the Udders have dented their chances a little but still plenty to play for. PNE and Barnsley are having very solid seasons with both in with a shout of the play-offs however in Barnsleys case selling their key players during the Jan transfer window will undo a lot of the good work Heckinbotom has achieved this season. North End are still hanging in there along with Barnsley and the next 4 games in Feb are all winnable however drawing a number of games against the lesser lights may cost us in the end. In my opinion we have to try and win all 4 games to really do some damage but I am proud of my club for resisting bids for Hugill and let's hope we can string a few back to back wins. Carlisle are still flying high and a good win away at Orient currently cements the Cumbrians in the auto slot and I do think Keith Curle is doing an outstanding job there after recent seasons disappointments.

Good luck to my fellow posters teams for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Well I don't think any of the regular posters on here can moan about the season so far. Burnley are well on their way to achieving safety in the Prem and in my opinion are only 3 wins away from hitting that goal to amass 38 points. Leeds are well on their way to achieving a play-off place and an outside chance of catching the top two but the Udders have dented their chances a little but still plenty to play for. PNE and Barnsley are having very solid seasons with both in with a shout of the play-offs however in Barnsleys case selling their key players during the Jan transfer window will undo a lot of the good work Heckinbotom has achieved this season. North End are still hanging in there along with Barnsley and the next 4 games in Feb are all winnable however drawing a number of games against the lesser lights may cost us in the end. In my opinion we have to try and win all 4 games to really do some damage but I am proud of my club for resisting bids for Hugill and let's hope we can string a few back to back wins. Carlisle are still flying high and a good win away at Orient currently cements the Cumbrians in the auto slot and I do think Keith Curle is doing an outstanding job there after recent seasons disappointments.

Good luck to my fellow posters teams for the rest of the season.

Have you had an injection of goodwill :-) realistically we blew it yesterday for the auto spots, Reading have sneaked back in and Huddersfield have probably got the best loaned players in the championship.

Burnley have probably done enough and will stay up unless they implode.

Barnsley have like you said shot them selves in the foot, but currently have a chance if they can get it back together. Gards as for PNE I think your playoff days are over, shoul one of the current top six slip up Derby and Norwich are waiting in the wings - keep the faith though you never know February and March are a fixture jam so chance for a team to slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Have you had an injection of goodwill :-) realistically we blew it yesterday for the auto spots, Reading have sneaked back in and Huddersfield have probably got the best loaned players in the championship.

Barnsley have like you said shot them selves in the foot, but currently have a chance if they can get it back together. Gards as for PNE I think your playoff days are over, shoul one of the current top six slip up Derby and Norwich are waiting in the wings - keep the faith though you never know February and March are a fixture jam so chance for a team to slip up.
    Barnsley mid table,sold too many in the transfer window ..
    Leeds for play offs but still have a decent chance of autos if they can put a run together
    Preston top ten finish maybe..
    Burnley hmmm we need to win away or we are back in a relegation fight ..our next six league games are a disaster waiting to happen.. Bottom teams are now stsrting today win and we. Have to play them all away.. Nervous end to the season for us...Yes I am very pessimistic,this is a Little Burnley we are talking about
    Carlisle Utd,automatics maybe,if not definitely a play off spot
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 07-02-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post

Goodwill indeed and why not to my fellow posters.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Barnsley mid table,sold too many in the transfer window ..
    Leeds for play offs but still have a decent chance of autos if they can put a run together
    Preston top ten finish maybe..
    Burnley hmmm we need to win away or we are back in a relegation fight ..our next six league games are a disaster waiting to happen.. Bottom teams are now stsrting today win and we. Have to play them all away.. Nervous end to the season for us...Yes I am very pessimistic,this is a Little Burnley we are talking about
    Carlisle Utd,automatics maybe,if not definitely a play off spot
    Keep the faith Alfi little Dingles are doing well and I think they won't even be in the bottom 6 never mind relegation battle.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)