+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inverness on Wedesday

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Jaysus, if this is our squad depth we're in bother.........
    The tooling up isn’t coming along very great currently but I expect a couple of further nobodies in to make up the numbers shortly. I get frustrated at our club at times but somehow not having decent squad numbers is somewhat amateurish.

what an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The tooling up isn’t coming along very great currently but I expect a couple of further nobodies in to make up the numbers shortly. I get frustrated at our club at times but somehow not having decent squad numbers is somewhat amateurish.
    I guess part of the issue is that the squad filling nobodies will most likely be loan signings (assuming only 2 permanent signings) that can double up as defenders/midfielders like Ball and most likely from England, who are by and large still on holiday or just back so may be another week or two until we get these sort of players in, which of course will be no use for the Burnley games as players won't be fit enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I guess part of the issue is that the squad filling nobodies will most likely be loan signings (assuming only 2 permanent signings) that can double up as defenders/midfielders like Ball and most likely from England, who are by and large still on holiday or just back so may be another week or two until we get these sort of players in, which of course will be no use for the Burnley games as players won't be fit enough.
    Our squad is struggling so I put my name forward to help the club in crisis. I can get sent off from anywhere on the pitch so that shouldn’t hinder my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Our squad is struggling so I put my name forward to help the club in crisis. I can get sent off from anywhere on the pitch so that shouldn’t hinder my chances.
    Me too.
    I’m getting on, but have a good left foot.
    Maybe I’m the answer to the left back situation.

Joking aside, it’s pretty poor that we have to cancel a friendly due to our squad size.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Me too.
    I’m getting on, but have a good left foot.
    Maybe I’m the answer to the left back situation.

Joking aside, it’s pretty poor that we have to cancel a friendly due to our squad size.
    Torry battery ram is probably right. They will be sh*ting it in case we pick up more injuries against a physical ICT team. The point about squad size is obviously still valid though. How long till Burnley at home?

“MATCH UPDATE | The club can confirm our pre-season friendly against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, scheduled to take place on Wednesday, has been cancelled due to a number of fitness concerns within the first team squad.

We would like to extend our thanks to Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC for their co-operation and understanding and wish them all the best for the season ahead.

#StandFree”

Skacel is right...that's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Torry battery ram is probably right. They will be sh*ting it in case we pick up more injuries against a physical ICT team. The point about squad size is obviously still valid though. How long till Burnley at home?
    Maybe I’m being naive or overly optimistic, but maybe, just maybe, this might make them get the finger out & sign some players?

The issue with fitness and match fitness is a worry. That's why we have more friendlies lined up this season. Mcinnes claimed he had the fittest squad last season.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast