+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Anderson

Tom Anderson

Good to see Tom Anderson doing his bit tonight for Doncaster at the Stadium of Light.
    He was good throughout and is proving to be a very decent centre back at this level and won the Sky Man of the Match award tonight.
    It has been a good week for Burnley in the football world!

I kept telling sinkov he would make it, but all I ever got was the "Gawthorpe Black Hole"...

Attachment 14845

I never did understand what we were playing at with Tom BT. He was never going to be good enough for our first team, but we kept hold of him season after season for no apparent reason. It was nowt to do with the Black Hole, I just said, on numerous occasions, he's not good enough for us, he needs to drop down a couple of levels and he'll be fine. Which is how it's turned out......eventually. But why did it take so long, FFS the lad's 27 in September, his career's half over, and he's only just into his second full season of first team football, we hung on to him for far too long.

We live in a world of hope sinkov. Eventually it kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    BT --expect nothing and you will never be disappointed and never worry about anything which you can't influence. Life will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --expect nothing and you will never be disappointed and never worry about anything which you can't influence. Life will go on.
    I love your philosophy on life Sub, but it doesn't work for me, for instance I never worry about the stuff I can influence, the stuff I can control, it's the things I can't influence that worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Tom's career at Burnley is still a bigger mystery than the Mary Celeste to me though BT, look at the list of clubs we loaned him out to,

2012 Barrow
    2013 Hyde United, Halifax Town
    2014 Lincoln, Carlisle
    2016 Chesterfield, Chesterfield again.
    2017 Port Vale
    2018 Doncaster

Nine loan spells over a seven year period, and look at the clubs, did no one in those seven years think that, just maybe, he was being loaned out to clubs at that level because that was his level ? I really feel for the lad, I know he would have been well looked after and earning a decent wage, he wasn't down the pit or being sent up chimneys, but talk about a wasted youth, his career was put on hold for far too long.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)